GNC Vita Pak

Options
I have been taking these vitamins from GNC, they come in little packages containing 4 pills that I need to take twice a day. They come in 30 days packs in a blue and while box. I went in the store and asked about weight loss options to help with in my weight lost journey. I have been taking these supplements for a couples of months now. I have been loosing weight but I don't know if its because of these supplements or simply because I have been exercising and watching ( somewhat! haha) what I eat.

I'm wondering if anyone else is taking these and what's your take on it? I'm about to run out and they are expensive. Don't know if its worth the buy or not.

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Your increase in energy expenditure and diet is causing you to lose weight. No pill is really proven to cause weight loss. The only proven weight loss tool is cals in vs cals out(: I'd suggest still taking a vitamin, but it doesn't need to be something expensive from gnc(:
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's the diet and exercise, don't waste your money.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    teephil wrote: »
    It's the diet and exercise, don't waste your money.

I agree. My thought is....I can go into any given store and ask what they have that will help me accomplish "x", and they're going to find something to push me out the door with. Sounds like you're doing fine all on your own. :wink:

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    GNC = Gonna Nick (your) Cash.

Your weight loss is only attributable to burning more calories than you take in. The supplements can help in INDIRECT ways, like making you feel in the mood to take a jog, or temporarily decreasing hunger signals, but at the end of the day, if you dropped them and just continued to eat less then you burn daily, you'd still lose.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with GNC products or supplements if you have the desire and the expendable income to use them, just know that you are not by any means obligated to use those things to lose weight. You can do it without spending a dime in fact, by just practising calories in<calories out. Easy, simple, flexible. Congrats on your loss so far:)
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Get your nutes from a good diet. You can supplement those foods with a good vitamin and perhaps some fish oil (Omegas ) These extras don't need to be high buck stuff, just a good product source. Far more cost effective.
  • NotGuiltylawyer
    NotGuiltylawyer Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys, I will stop buying that stuff! and use the extra money for a nice massage to reward me for a good week of exercising and diet :)
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    just an "in general", those vitamin packs never have enough omega 3 to help anything, no matter what brand you use. If you want to take omega 3, most studies show that you need about 5-10g (yes, that is 5-10 capsules typically) to get any appreciable benefit. Of course, if you eat plenty of omega3 rich foods, you don't have to supplement as much so you can back off some, but the 1 capsule that most packs include is not even really helpful.

I will say that if you are on a deficit, that it certainly doesn't hurt to take a good multivitamin and omegas, but you don't have to go for the "performance enhancing" varieties (if GNC's can be considered that!)