Options
My diet like this
11- 200 cal
12 -1 workout
1-post workout within 20 min 200 cal
2-500 cal
6-50 cal
9- 300 cal

Now i m confused abt the calorie range here as 1200 calories is necessary...i m going to have only 1000 calorie entire day post workout...so do i have to count 200 calories before workout as that is going to burn...i m confused...

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If your 1,200 calorie goal is from MFP, it's designed for you to eat back the calories that you burn from exercise.

Many people find that the calorie burn estimates on MFP are over-estimates, so they only eat 25-75% of those calories back.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you are trying to be so specific with the times you will eat and how many calories? What did you put in for your weight loss goal - lose 1 lb/week? 2 lbs? If you do exercise, you should be eating at least a portion of those calories back, so you would be eating more and NETTING 1200 cals.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    There's no need to plan your eating around your workout, unless you suffer ill effects (e.g., lack of energy) if you don't do it.

Your body is constantly using energy, or burning calories. Whether you eat something and exercise right away or eat it and exercise 6 hours later, the energy (calories) from that food will go to power your body (assuming you are eating at maintenance or below.) You could eat 3 meals of 400 calories or 1 meal of 1200 calories or 6 meals of 200 calories and this would be the same.
  • pallavishani
    pallavishani Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Is there a reason you are trying to be so specific with the times you will eat and how many calories? What did you put in for your weight loss goal - lose 1 lb/week? 2 lbs? If you do exercise, you should be eating at least a portion of those calories back, so you would be eating more and NETTING 1200 cals.

No specific timing.its just. So u mean i need to eat 200 calories more post workout right
  • pallavishani
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    There's no need to plan your eating around your workout, unless you suffer ill effects (e.g., lack of energy) if you don't do it.

Your body is constantly using energy, or burning calories. Whether you eat something and exercise right away or eat it and exercise 6 hours later, the energy (calories) from that food will go to power your body (assuming you are eating at maintenance or below.) You could eat 3 meals of 400 calories or 1 meal of 1200 calories or 6 meals of 200 calories and this would be the same.

They say u ned to eat pist workout for recovery
  • WinoGelato
    Options

No specific timing.its just. So u mean i need to eat 200 calories more post workout right

It depends on how many calories you burn during your workout. I am saying you need to NET a minimum of 1200 calories, but I think there is a chance you could probably eat considerably more and still lose weight.

You may find this post, as well as the links within it, helpful:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

Are you really always only going to eat those amounts of food at those times of day? Are you going to eat the same thing every day?
  • pallavishani
    Options
    Y

It depends on how many calories you burn during your workout. I am saying you need to NET a minimum of 1200 calories, but I think there is a chance you could probably eat considerably more and still lose weight.

Are you really always only going to eat those amounts of food at those times of day? Are you going to eat the same thing every day?

Ya .....is it fine if i eat a 600 calorie meal ..at 2 ..will my body digest and then last meal at 9..?
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You body is constantly using calories even when you are sleeping. You don't need to eat at specific times or worry about "using up" one meal before another.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

They say u ned to eat pist workout for recovery

Here is an article to read about this claim: Science says post workout meal not necessary.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Y

Ya .....is it fine if i eat a 600 calorie meal ..at 2 ..will my body digest and then last meal at 9..?

Meal timing doesn't matter. As others have mentioned, your body is burning calories all day long, while you are sleeping, awake, working out, etc. If you want to eat post work out - that's fine, I often am not hungry for a couple of hours afterwards, but it does not hinder progress or weight loss. It is a matter of personal preference.

I highly recommend reading the link I provided - there are a lot of helpful tips in there about how to best use MFP.
  • pallavishani
    Options
    Y

Meal timing doesn't matter. As others have mentioned, your body is burning calories all day long, while you are sleeping, awake, working out, etc. If you want to eat post work out - that's fine, I often am not hungry for a couple of hours afterwards, but it does not hinder progress or weight loss. It is a matter of personal preference.

I highly recommend reading the link I provided - there are a lot of helpful tips in there about how to best use MFP.

Ya correct so do i. .dont feel hungry after working out ..but some nutritiomists say u need to eat for recovery else u will gorge later on ..
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Y

Ya correct so do i. .dont feel hungry after working out ..but some nutritiomists say u need to eat for recovery else u will gorge later on ..

That may be true for some people. Is it the case with you? If not, then you don't need to force yourself to eat.

Do you mind sharing your stats (height/weight), goal and what kind of exercise you are doing? People might be able to give you more specific advice to help you.
  • pallavishani
    Options
    Y

Wow man thats just awesome...everybody should go through thst especialy those stupid brains who says to eat 6 meals a day...
  • pallavishani
    Options
    Y

That may be true for some people. Is it the case with you? If not, then you don't need to force yourself to eat.

Do you mind sharing your stats (height/weight), goal and what kind of exercise you are doing? People might be able to give you more specific advice to help you.

I m 155 cm...weight is 63.5 kg...female..nd workout i will be doing only lower body nd upper body in gym with mild weight
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Once I found out meal timing didn't matter I easily lost 10 pounds. I can't go to sleep hungry, I can't. All the diets I read said to stop eating after 5, or whatever, and I wouldn't be able to sleep and it would send me into a binge so I could sleep. I started saving 300 calories right before bed and I sleep much better and I lose weight much easier.
  • Charlene72385
    Charlene72385 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also can't stand going to bed hungry. I tend to eat more in the late evening. I eat around 400 calories at noon, try to exercise shortly thereafter, then eat a light snack afterwards (25% of what I burn so usually a package of oatmeal for a 10K run), then about 6-700 at night. I am trying to eat around 14-1600 but may have to up it as my running is getting worse. I personally like the feeling of eating a bigger meal vs eating 5 small meals.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Y

I m 155 cm...weight is 63.5 kg...female..nd workout i will be doing only lower body nd upper body in gym with mild weight

How much weight are you trying to lose? Any cardio?
  • pallavishani
    Options
    Once I found out meal timing didn't matter I easily lost 10 pounds. I can't go to sleep hungry, I can't. All the diets I read said to stop eating after 5, or whatever, and I wouldn't be able to sleep and it would send me into a binge so I could sleep. I started saving 300 calories right before bed and I sleep much better and I lose weight much easier.
    I also can't stand going to bed hungry. I tend to eat more in the late evening. I eat around 400 calories at noon, try to exercise shortly thereafter, then eat a light snack afterwards (25% of what I burn so usually a package of oatmeal for a 10K run), then about 6-700 at night. I am trying to eat around 14-1600 but may have to up it as my running is getting worse. I personally like the feeling of eating a bigger meal vs eating 5 small meals.

Absolutely coreect.however some ppl say u need to havw a gap between your dinner and sleep so that your body can repair while in sleep..6 meals are troublesome..who will set an alarm every two hours...i tried a alot doing that and never got succesded..i eat when i m hungry
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Op please don't take this the wrong way, but almost every belief you've posted about weight loss has been completely incorrect. That's ok, a lot of us had misconceptions when we first started. All the things you are concerned about though, meal timing, eating after a workout, etc, has been refuted by actual scientific research.

I hope you will spend some time reading the helpful threads at the top of each forum section, I think you will learn a lot about how to be successful in reaching your goals.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Absolutely coreect.however some ppl say u need to havw a gap between your dinner and sleep so that your body can repair while in sleep..

Some people say that vaccines cause autism, that the earth is flat, or that the pyramids were built by aliens. You can't take "some people" at their word. I lose weight quite well and I do mostly the opposite of what "some people" are saying.

I do actually do the post-exercise protein shake - just to make sure my body has a ready source of dietary amino acids at the time it's actually doing the work of repairing my muscle. And because I like it.