New to MFP, not to trying..

Options
Dtrmnd86
Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
Hi everyone. I'm new to MFP, although I'm not new to the diet/weight loss world. I have been trying (and failing) at losing my extra weight for over a year. In 2010 I was 194, and now I'm 178, so I have lost some but I keep giving up and getting off track so it's taken a while. I want to get back on the wagon and stay on until I reach my goal. I hope to meet some motivating new friends who can help me stay on track when I feel like running the other way!

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This place is awesome for support!
  • tatesmom
    tatesmom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! This place is the best!! Feel free to add me as support!!
  • onlinebs
    onlinebs Posts: 15
    Options
    I am fairly new here, but I can already tell you it makes a difference. Just the right amount of encouragement. Logs to keep you honest. It's great. I will say - LOG EVERYTHING. I had 7 crackers with dinner last night, they went in with the sandwich and salad. It keeps me from backsliding.

I've tried, which means I go up and down and net an extra 10 pounds per year. Now? I'm losing at least a half pound per day, although it does fluctuate. Tracking food makes it so that I don't have bad days from too much at more than one meal. I don't have four snack times, because I record them all and see how many calories I have left! I've never had to miss a meal, but I do find myself eating more salads.
  • manicrocker
    Options
    Welcome to MFP this site is great for support, feel free to add me and good luck with you journey :)

3426865.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Since I have had my daughter i have went up and down in weight and this is the biggest I have ever been. I know its hard but we can do it!!! You'll love the support here.
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I gained over 60lbs with my sons. And once they were born, there wasn't much time for anything but them.