Losing 30lbs in two months

2»

Replies

• katzunghope
    katzunghope Posts: 28 Member
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Maybe 15 lbs in 2 months would be a much more reasonable goal.

Wizzybeth I see in your picture that you have come a long way......would you like to share what helped you in your journey from 245 to 199
  • jasmine9520
    jasmine9520 Posts: 1 Member
    I am 5 7 and weigh 180 pounds! May be I should take it slow and steady....

That's pretty much my height and size! I would love to lose around 25-30 pounds within the next 4-5 months before I graduate college. I just need to find motivation that lasts more than a week lol.
  • nouh220200
    nouh220200 Posts: 39 Member
    My answer is yes just focus on eating fruits and vegetables and you're good to go
  • cschof18
    cschof18 Posts: 34 Member
    My boyfriend lost 30 in a month, just with exercise and healthy eating. Mind you, he has a lot of weight to lose so that may play a factor, but it is definitely possible!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Possible yes, sustainable no, and you will be pretty miserable as you'll be hungry for two months. Not trying to discourage you, but why not aim for 2lbs a week, which is healthy, in 9 weeks you can drop 18lbs, if you loose more, great! Personally I find setting myself achievable goals motivates me and keeps me on track. My 33lbs have not come off in two months, and I got another 45 to go!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Possible? Probably. Healthy? Nope.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Is losing 30 lbs in two months possible? Or its just another procrastination ........

Technically, yes.

To do so would mean burning 1 pound of fat every 2 days.

That means a calorie deficit of 1750 a day, you would need to consume around 1500 calories a day and burn 750 to 1000 calories a day in quite vigorous exercise. It would be highly non recommended, as you would lose a lot of muscle tissue as well.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    nouh220200 wrote: »
    My answer is yes just focus on eating fruits and vegetables and you're good to go

Wow. That's a plan. Do some more research on proper nutrition and try again.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Maybe 15 lbs in 2 months would be a much more reasonable goal.

Wizzybeth I see in your picture that you have come a long way......would you like to share what helped you in your journey from 245 to 199
    Make a reasonable plan. Then stay focused. You can do it! :)
  • aubned92
    aubned92 Posts: 64 Member
    When I've lost too fast in the past, I gained it back two-fold plus I felt like complete garbage. This time I averaged 2lbs a week which isn't too bad and I feel fabulous!!