How do you deal with cravings?

Options
I'm becoming more conscientious of what I eat. Not only because I'm on a journey of getting healthier, but also because I log in what I eat and I'm accountable for that. But from time to time I get cravings of not so healthy stuff...like sweets. How do you kick those cravings?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    When I have a craving, I figure out a way to make it fit within my calorie goals and have it. You can be healthy and still include sweets in your diet (assuming you don't have a medical issue that requires you to avoid them).
  • justsusie998
    justsusie998 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    No. No medical issue. But thank you for your input janejellyroll. Have a great day!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    When I have a craving, I figure out a way to make it fit within my calorie goals and have it. You can be healthy and still include sweets in your diet (assuming you don't have a medical issue that requires you to avoid them).

I do the same. It prevents ongoing cravings and possible binges from restricting.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I have curated a fairly extensive collection of recipes for sweets - some from my low-calorie, low-fat eating days, more from my husband's fairly recent foray into lowER carb eating, and a growing number that are ketogenic, since my doctor suggested that Keto could benefit my chronic pain situation.

So when the cravings for sweets or baked goods or a chocolate arise I either cook something, or have a few squares of Lindt extra dark if I don't have time or desire to be tied up in the kitchen.

Honestly the thought of having to bake something is often enough to kill the craving lol.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    I have curated a fairly extensive collection of recipes for sweets - some from my low-calorie, low-fat eating days, more from my husband's fairly recent foray into lowER carb eating, and a growing number that are ketogenic, since my doctor suggested that Keto could benefit my chronic pain situation.

So when the cravings for sweets or baked goods or a chocolate arise I either cook something, or have a few squares of Lindt extra dark if I don't have time or desire to be tied up in the kitchen.

Honestly the thought of having to bake something is often enough to kill the craving lol.

Yes. I have saved myself many times because of this.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Honestly for me once I decide to do something I have very little problem with self control. I can eat what I crave and stop when I run out of cals. Right now I Eat at least one white fudge covered Oreo a day. No diet is worth doing if I can't eat my favorite things still. But, instead of eating the whole box I can eat 1-3 at a time.