Mystery back pain

Options
I have this back pain that seems to have arrived out of the blue. It hurts when I move certain ways. I'm bummed because I can't workout. This started after I started doing hill sprints on a road. I'm guessing it's something about that, that did it. Any recovery suggestions?

Replies

• grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Get thee to a physio therapist without delay. We can't diagnose problems here, but if you have injured yourself, it is best to seek out treatment quickly. Things rarely heal on their own, and your body adapts to injury by tasking other muscles to do the work of the one you have hurt. If you delay treatment, you end up spending months retraining your body to do what it was doing naturally.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    you need to know whats causing the pain. is it muscle soreness or nerves, or your spine or other. Figure that out and then you can look into what to do for recovery. If you know your body well enough you can diagnose it on your own, but if you dont know your body you should see a dr in case its something serious. Some ibuprofen, ice and rest might help in the interim.
  • KelpyG
    KelpyG Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Is it upper or lower back pain? Is it specifically your spine, or do you feel it could be the surrounding area?

Also, when you say it hurts when you move "certain ways", how, specifically? Twisting? Bending forward? Leaning side to side? Just walking around?
  • rosie8flowers
    rosie8flowers Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    grassette wrote: »
    Get thee to a physio therapist without delay. We can't diagnose problems here, but if you have injured yourself, it is best to seek out treatment quickly. Things rarely heal on their own, and your body adapts to injury by tasking other muscles to do the work of the one you have hurt. If you delay treatment, you end up spending months retraining your body to do what it was doing naturally.

Makes sense, thanks for the feedback.
  • rosie8flowers
    Options
    KelpyG wrote: »
    Is it upper or lower back pain? Is it specifically your spine, or do you feel it could be the surrounding area?

Also, when you say it hurts when you move "certain ways", how, specifically? Twisting? Bending forward? Leaning side to side? Just walking around?

Upper right side. Down by the lower part of shoulder blade. It's a quick piercing pain. Defiantly not the spine. Just hurts with certain movements. Like a sharp pain.

My best guess is the pounding of the pavement on the hill is what caused it. Atleast that's the only thing I've done differently since this began.
  • rosie8flowers
    Options
    rg7umauzzt40.jpeg

Where that circle is, is the general pain area.
  • Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Sounds like nerve pain. Take a week off and go see your doctor. Could be muscle pain as well. Your body is telling you it wants a rest or it will crash. Read the signs.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Does this stretch hit the spot?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKKpsDZQkCQ
  • rosie8flowers
    Options
    Thanks for everybody's feed back. I'm all better. Didn't see a doctor and didn't stop working out. Just listened to my body and did light stuff. Was better in no time.