Going over on fats?

Options
My fat goal is 20% of my daily calories, which is friggin hard to hit. But the fats that I'm typically going over on is poly and monounsaturated. What happens to the excess fats? Since they're both healthy fats, I can't imagine that they're going to turn into fat overnight. What's up?

Replies

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Eating fat doesn't turn into bodyfat. And that % is really low.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Fats dont make you fat. For the most part fats regulate hormones and in some people satiate them. Ultimately, calories determine weight gain.
  • glassjaw_239
    glassjaw_239 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    As above. 20% fat intake for your macros is pretty low. Fat is one of the main sources of energy for the body so cutting it so low might not be a great idea. Up it to 30% and then focus on eating a clean balanced diet add HIIT training to your exercise programme which will help burn any unwanted fat on your frame.just stay away from trans fats and keep saturated fats on the low end.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    As above. 20% fat intake for your macros is pretty low. Fat is one of the main sources of energy for the body so cutting it so low might not be a great idea. Up it to 30% and then focus on eating a clean balanced diet add HIIT training to your exercise programme which will help burn any unwanted fat on your frame.just stay away from trans fats and keep saturated fats on the low end.

bolded part has nothing to do with fat gain or loss ….
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Never go below 30%. 65-70% best.