Getting there. Almost 30kg down

Options
2»

Replies

• Leyshinka
    Leyshinka Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well done! This is so encouraging. How many calories do you end up eating everyday? I always feel like I have to exercise to create a large enough deficit.
  • RainbowInTheDark
    RainbowInTheDark Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

Well my goal was 1200 but wasn't working for me, because i'm not active and atm i don't work. Plus i'm not excersising at all. So it ends up around 1000 which i know it's bad for most people, but i srsly dont burn ANY calories whatsoever. And when i do, i make sure to eat more than 1000.

I wish i would excersise and stop procastinating, when i do i will eat more calories for sure. My key to success after 27 years of severe obesity is re-inventing your diet from scratch. Now, i obviously have free time atm to cook everything without having to buy premade things, but if you can find free time do it, it will change your life.

I discovered so many new things i love to eat, for example spinach with herbs tomato and a bit of rice (i can share recipe if u want) which is soooooo tasty, calories wise you can pretty much eat the whole pot, and it's super healthy and good for you.

I avoid foods that i can't digest in 2-3 hrs aswell (most meats for example), i want my meals to be light and helps me tons.

• Leyshinka
    Leyshinka Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes please do share the recipe. How did you manage to surpress your hunger in the beginning with such a drastic change of calorie intake? Or did you gradually go down until settling on 1000?
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Holy moley!!! Congrats lovie!!!! I'm in the same boat of wanting to get to about 50-55kgs but I'm a bit shorter lol I'm only just 5'
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are doing so great! I started at 100+ kilos myself and am 5'5- 5'6 as well! So I am glad to see through your results, where I am going! Keep up the good work :)
  • RainbowInTheDark
    Options
    For the recipe, don't get to crazy on the ingridients because it depends on your preference. But the basic recipe is 1kg Spinach
    Few spring onions (can use 1 normal onion instead)
    Some dill (depends on how u prefer it)
    parsley
    2 big ripe tomatoes or tomato sauce (again depends on how red-ish you want it)
    olive oil
    salt pepper
    rice (for 1kg i would add 3-4 tablespoons of rice, you could add way more but rice has some calories)

Basically heat up some olive oil (medium heat) add onions and dill and wait few minutes till onions become transparent. Then add the tomato sauce and shortly after the rest of your greens. Give them 1-2 minutes and then add water (7-8 glasses) and let it boil for 15 mins. When the spinach is cooked, add your rice lower the heat and wait until the rice is cooked and absorbs the water (sometimes, depending on rice you might have to add a bit more water).

As for the hunger, i will explain excactly what i did.
    When i started this journey i decided to give my self a small period of not counting calories but eating as healthy as i could. I would usually eat roasted veggies and quinoa, salads with chicken, oats or weetabix with coconut milk, tuna salads and tons of fruit. All these foods are healthy but i would eat really large portions at first and then gradually cutting down my portions, day by day. At this point, i wasnt counting calories, i was just making sure i eat healthy foods, no sodas, no sugary things or candies. It took me about 3 weeks till i hit my calorie goal, and i didn't have to try at all. I think the fact that i was eating healthy foods balanced my appetite, i had no cravings for junk whatsoever and i would wake up everymorning feeling more energized and fresh than ever before.

If you're struggling to start a diet, try this way. Eat large portions at first but make sure the food is as healthy as it could be, no guilt. I would still lose weight by eating these large portions, just not that much. I just let my body do the rest of the work for me really, as soon as i fed it properly it stopped craving that much food!

Thank you all for your nice comments, if this helps even 1 person i would feel extremely happy <3
  • wearynurse
    wearynurse Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well done - great results! I am a similar height and my goal is around 65kg ultimately.

I'm stuck at 79-80 and have been for weeks. I can't seem to budge...Perhaps my metabolism needs kick in the pants - I'm beginning to wonder if I've been on the same number of calories for too long (around 1500).

I think I would struggle on 1000cals but I do a fair amount of exercise. I like your idea of just making sure everything is as healthy as possible first and cutting portion sizes bit by bit.

Well done!
  • RainbowInTheDark
    Options
    Thank you!
    My biggest plateau was at 79-80 aswell. Just keep going and keep the calories but maybe try changing the quality of food? Or try less calories like 1300.
    It's a trial and error process, until you find what works best for you!
  • wearynurse
    wearynurse Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    My biggest plateau was at 79-80 aswell. Just keep going and keep the calories but maybe try changing the quality of food? Or try less calories like 1300.
    It's a trial and error process, until you find what works best for you!

Thanks so much - I will try dropping calories and see what happens.
  • RainbowInTheDark
    Options
    No problem! I wish you success, and please come back and update me on your progress.
    Don't give up!
    I gave up so many times in my life, i've been obese my whole life. It's the only time i sticked on a diet and i'm so proud and happy. Being comfortable in your own skin is so fullfilling, way more than any food or lazy day will ever be!

You can do it!!
    :)
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fantastic!
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You look amazing! Love how you started out with large healthy portions and then cut back. I reckon it would be less of a shock to your system doing it that way.
  • Linseymout
    Linseymout Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!!!!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I've been reading/looking all morning... so inspiring and encouraging!
  • RainbowInTheDark
    Options
    Thank you all for the lovely comments. Since i posted i lost 18 more pounds (8kilos) and still going!
    I will try and update with pictures aswell at some point!

<3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!