Replies

• KelpyG
    KelpyG Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like this quote: "If hunger is not the problem, food is not the answer."
  • osubeam
    osubeam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When I'm stressed salt and fat call to me. I'm working on eliminating that response, so far it's be touch and go. Feel free to add me!
  • LBL1986
    LBL1986 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Can I add you? I think we are in the same camp with this one!

I'm not sure why it took me so long to get it but I correlate feelings with food all the time. I was having a particularly bad day the other day and the first thing I wanted to do was drive to Popeyes (my weakness) and get a 2 piece and a biscuit! I had to stop myself which was tough and instead I went to the gym. It was uncomfortable for me especially since I felt distracted but I'd be lying if I wasn't a bit proud of myself afterwards for pushing through the discomfort.

I'm looking for more friends too as I try to work through all this! :)
  • UltimateMedu
    UltimateMedu Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me too! Except it's not chocolates or snacks.. I go for really fatty oily foods.. I don't have to be stressed though. If I'm bored enough, I'll find anything as an excuse and immediately regret it :( I also use food as a reward. Bad day, good day, productive day, you name it lol. Feel free to add me!
  • Twinkle_Fitness
    Twinkle_Fitness Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Literally just had an emotional binge :( it would be nice to have friends who understand please feel free to add me.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I often feel like a weirdo around here for NOT being an emotional eater. It should be easy to find others with similar concerns.

Mostly I am just commenting to say that your dog is awfully cute. Part Westie?
  • iona_ellen
    iona_ellen Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I often feel like a weirdo around here for NOT being an emotional eater. It should be easy to find others with similar concerns.

Hi,
  • katieboulby
    katieboulby Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yep! If I'm happy I eat, if I'm sad I eat. But if I'm really stressed I don't! Feel free to add me. I'm starting again today!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    LBL1986 wrote: »
    Can I add you? I think we are in the same camp with this one!

I'm not sure why it took me so long to get it but I correlate feelings with food all the time. I was having a particularly bad day the other day and the first thing I wanted to do was drive to Popeyes (my weakness) and get a 2 piece and a biscuit! I had to stop myself which was tough and instead I went to the gym. It was uncomfortable for me especially since I felt distracted but I'd be lying if I wasn't a bit proud of myself afterwards for pushing through the discomfort.

I'm looking for more friends too as I try to work through all this! :)

Good for you!

I too have successfully substituted exercise for emotional eating. Cognitive behavioral techniques have been helpful as well.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    iona_ellen wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am emotional eater and would love to have MFP buddies who are similar?

Checkout the group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1012-emotional-eating
  • KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Me! Emotional eating is one of my biggest issues
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    iona_ellen wrote: »

Hi,

Oh, very interesting!