Ohhhhhhhhhhh man, edies goulash

Options
NWCountryGal
NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
Im such a lucky bum to live next door to edie(nwfamilygal). She brought me a bowl of her goulash, man, is it good. You'll have to ask her for the recipe:):laugh: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Im such a lucky bum to live next door to edie(nwfamilygal). She brought me a bowl of her goulash, man, is it good. You'll have to ask her for the recipe:):laugh: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Ehem. Recipe please? (I'm interested to know what constitutes goulash!)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Also, I'm so down with moving in next door on the other side if I get free home cooked meals!!
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Oh yeah Denise doesn't know about the poison mushrooms I put in their :laugh: Just kidding. I don't know if the neighbor on the other side would move:laugh: so I guess your out their. Sorry:cry:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I can't help you with edie's goulasch, but if you are interested I can give you the recepie for Hungarian goulasch:bigsmile: Hungarian Gulasch

1 pound of meat (the original calls for lean beef, but I have made it with pork loin and in a pinch hot dogs)
    1 pound of onions (should be as much as meat)
    Pepper, salt, paprika and 2 bay leaves
    1 large can of diced tomatoes
    Olive or canola oil

Cut meat in small cubes (½ inch), season with pepper and paprika and fry in oil (2 to 3 tbs.) till crispy and brown (only use a small batch at a time) add onions and fry till they are clear. Add Tomatoes and bay leave, bring to a boil, add salt to taste, then turn heat to medium, put on lid and let simmer. Check occasionally, stir and add water if needed.
    Depending on what kind of meat you used (hot dogs being the quickest, beef or dear meat the longest) it can take from 1/2 to 3 hours for it to be done. You can also use your oven or crock-pot if you like. Serve with noodles or rice.
    Guten Appetit:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I can't help you with edie's goulasch, but if you are interested I can give you the recepie for Hungarian goulasch:bigsmile: Hungarian Gulasch

1 pound of meat (the original calls for lean beef, but I have made it with pork loin and in a pinch hot dogs)
    1 pound of onions (should be as much as meat)
    Pepper, salt, paprika and 2 bay leaves
    1 large can of diced tomatoes
    Olive or canola oil

Cut meat in small cubes (½ inch), season with pepper and paprika and fry in oil (2 to 3 tbs.) till crispy and brown (only use a small batch at a time) add onions and fry till they are clear. Add Tomatoes and bay leave, bring to a boil, add salt to taste, then turn heat to medium, put on lid and let simmer. Check occasionally, stir and add water if needed.
    Depending on what kind of meat you used (hot dogs being the quickest, beef or dear meat the longest) it can take from 1/2 to 3 hours for it to be done. You can also use your oven or crock-pot if you like. Serve with noodles or rice.
    Guten Appetit:drinker:
    ok and if we love our gluten we can simply add noodles?:bigsmile:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    here is the recipe for the goulash:

1 lb venison ground
    8 oz. ground beef
    43 1/2 oz diced tomatoes
    15 oz. kidney beans
    2 c. chopped carrots
    1 med potato diced
    3/4 c. chopped celery
    1/2 c. chopped onion
    2 tbs. minced garlic
    1/4 c. chili powder
    1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
    1/4 cup dried parsley
    1/2 t. salt
    1/2 t. pepper
    4oz. pasta anykind cooked
    Brown meats and saute onions celery then add rest of ingredients and simmer on the stove until veggies are done.
    The nutrition facts are on the list under goulash. Then look up Edie's
    so their you go for anyone that wanted this recipe
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    uh huh...I see how this works..now all I need is a deer:ohwell:

Thanks for sharing Edie:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    your right all you need is a deer. Sorry.:cry:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    But thank you Dear for the recipe!!:wink::laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • SASSYSMOM
    Options
    Edie what a great recipe it sounds yummy and I just happen to have some venison in the freezer so i am going to give this a try..
    Thanks again for the recipe
    Have a great day :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Hmm, I know someone I can procure some venison from... if he's not looking and I run quickly once I've nabbed it!