What time do people get up?

Options

Replies

• cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I go to bed after most of you guys have already woken up! I go to bed around 6 AM and wake up around 1 PM
  • celinend
    celinend Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So many early birds! Tips for getting up early ??

The sleep cycle alarm clock app for my iphone made me a morning person. Quick, painless, and the best $.99 ever spent.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Forget the snooze button exists. I'm generally up at 4:15 to get to gym by 5:00 workout, clean up, 40 mile commute and at desk by 7:15 or so.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I get up at the last minute and rush to work. No way I'm making it to the gym in the morning.
    I go after work so I won't have to worry much about time. I can spend as Long as I like without worrying about being late for work ! Lol !
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:30 on Tues-Fri as I have to get myself and my kids ready for work, and we leave at 7:20, and on Saturday I get up about 6:30 as my kids have a swimming lesson at 8:30, and on Monday (which is my day off) I get up at 6 as I have to get my kids to school. Sunday is the only day I don't set an alarm.

I exercise straight after work, or in the evening. I don't have time in the morning.
  • katnisscatnip
    katnisscatnip Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    7 a.m. The earliest 6 a.m. I am not a morning person. I have energy spikes in the evening-night.
  • Hoooooooooo
    Hoooooooooo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Tips for getting up early?

I guess my body is in a routine now.

Happy to hear other people get up early to work out :)
  • Doublemeasure
    Doublemeasure Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When I have a work day, I set the alarm for 5.15am, but on rest days I relax and can be awake about 9am. I do my indoor rowing cardio/weight training early evening after work and on my off days. I am not an morning person, so getting up earlier for a work out would kill me for the day!!
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My hubby wakes at 3.15 am everyday even though we don't leave for work til 5am. I manage to do all my jobs before I leave so I can do a small run (5km) when I get home. Not everyday though lol....morning is the best time of day x
  • Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    05:00 am, 04:50 am if I need to wash my hair.
    I don't do fitness training in the morning, instead I get in early at work so I can leave early. :)

Btw, if I don't get out of bed immediately after my alarm rings there's always the chance that I'll just stay in bed, haha. I'm fortunate enough though that I don't need multiple alarms.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    5:30 am to start the 2 hour commute to work!
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I start hitting the snooze at 4:50. LOL! I'm at the gym by 6, and off to work at 7:15.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I usually am making breakfast and having coffee at 6:00. I leave for work by 8am but do not enjoy working out in the morning. Fortunate to have a lengthy lunch hour, and access to a full gym at work which fits my life perfectly.

Admire the dedication from you people above! Bravo
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    don't think you can count 6.45 as early :smiley: I'm just fortunate I only have to leave the house at 8.50 to get to work in time....
  • Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am forced to be a morning person because of my job and getting my son to school but I hate it...so for exercise I fit it in during the afternoon or evening. I've tried to get up earlier but I'm lucky if it lasts a week.
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Between 4-4:15 m, t, th, f. Wednesday I sleep in until 5:20 or so (except I think I'm going to start going to the gym on wednesdays too.)

Saturday & sunday usually up by 7:30ish.

I'm asleep by 9:15 most nights, sometimes earlier, try to never be asleep later. Been doing it long enough now I typically wake up a couple minutes before the alarm goes off which is nice.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5:15 on weekdays and 7 if I'm lucky on the weekends. I would like to be able to workout in the mornings but at this time it just doesn't work. I have a little one to get up, get him dressed, washed up and to Daycare by 7:15 so I can start work at 7:30. (And I'll be having 2 little ones to get ready in about 2 months!) Currently at 31 weeks pregnant I'm not doing any workouts, when I was pushing it I was having lots of pain so right now I'm just making sure to get my 10,000 steps a day and being careful about food choices.

Once we get our basement finished I'm going to try to get up an hour early and do a workout then...
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options

http://greatist.com/move/morning-workout-hacks

I was googling tips for getting up early and i saw this post... I knew that I needed to start getting up earlier to be active, since I'm at a desk job, M-F, 8-5, and I know that I simply won't have the desire or energy to be active in the evening. Since making the decision to wake up for a 5am workout, I've followed the suggestion #2, and set two alarms. This has been the "magic trick" for me. One's set at 4:45 and the other at 5am. First alarm gets me up and signals its time for me to turn on the bedroom light, then I know I have 15 minutes to lounge about and the next alarm is the deadline for me to get up and into the workout room (I workout at home with DVDs, handweights, and other small equipment).
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I get up about an hour after my alarm goes off and trudge off to work. Most days I'm out of bed between 7:30-8:30am
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person at all, so I only get up 30 minutes before I have to leave for work. 7am Mon-Thurs and 6am on Fridays. Weekends I have an alarm for 11am just so I don't upset my sleep schedule too much. I'll generally go for a walk right when I get home from work before I eat dinner, and that works better for me.