Back here again ... Looking for 50-60ish types as Weightloss Buddies

Options
Just because I think I could relate better to those in this age group .... with these darn joints and a little arthritis). I do a lot of biking and I am a bike enthusiast. So that is my primary calorie burn ... stairs too as I still work and the office building has some nice ones.

But I've got bad eating habits and that's why I'm here ... I'd like accountability. Trying to lose 25lbs and keep it off.

--Dan

Replies

• Debbers54
    Debbers54 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm back again too, Dan, and am looking for buddies in the same age group as well. Add me if you'd like! Wishing you the very best in this journey :)
  • marissanelahomes
    Options
    I'm back too
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    59 suit you? I know what you mean about needing to coddle the old joints.
  • MOMfit4life
    MOMfit4life Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Totally relate! Recouping from surgery. Irregardless, if it's to be... It's up to me! We've got this! Add me
  • taooflaura
    taooflaura Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Dan! I'm 52. Just found out I'm one point away from diabetes. I'm typically fairly active and usually eat OK, but I've been extra lazy and exceptionally mindless about what I put in my mouth the past year. I have plenty of excuses (like joint issues) that get me absolutely nowhere. I'm in need of some accountability, too! Laura
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Trying to get back on track also. Sore knees and arthritis. Walking and gym classes are my exercise choices. 57 here :smiley: I have a sugar addition which I am trying to quit!!!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Anyone who wants to log daily and wants mutual support can add me.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    60 yo. I started 18 mo ago after my 59th bday. Strength training with personal trainer and food logging that trainer coached me on. I couldn't walk more than 1/4 mile without excruciating foot, knee, and hip pain. Multiple health probs. I've lost nearly 120 lbs, on my way to -150. I walk 4-5 miles most days and take fitness classes or training 5 days/week. I've walked several 5ks and a 10k. My progress in strength & endurance & energy is more than I imagined possible. I still have a long way To go. Whatever your age & fitness level, you can make amazing progress.
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just turned 64 and started with MFP in March 2015 at 272 lbs.
    Currently 220 and on my way to 160.
    Treadmill 5 days a week and resistance training 3 day all at home.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I'm 65 and have been at this for a little over 2 years. I came off a year long illness and 3 herniated discs to get where I am today...............75 lbs lighter, amazingly stronger and more fit that I was 20 years ago.

If I can do it, you all can do it. Good luck to each and every one of you!!! Remember age is just a number!
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    54, been seriously on the journey for almost 4 years now. Down 110 pounds, with about 20 more to go. Love to walk (with a little running) at least 15 miles a week, and do at least 2 HIIT workouts a week. I log every day (current streak over 300 days). Anyone who wants can add me!
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi Dan, I am in my 60s and live in Wales in the UK. So far I have lost 25lbs of the 42lbs necessary to reach my goal of being in the middle of a healthy BMI. Add me if you like
  • Jim_i25
    Jim_i25 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Another one returning after a short break. 55 year old Scottish person, play a lot of golf and recently joined a gym that opened near the office. Time to get fitness levels back to where they were. Anyone can add if they like.
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    funny how things hurt as you get older lol. Getting off the sofa takes a bit longer with some grunts ....
    I came back to MFP late May & happily am down 69 pounds. Struggling a bit these days but hanging in. I log in daily, entering my meals & commenting on friends status'. Feel free to add me :)
  • luvleb
    luvleb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi....new here, but not to MFP.......58 yrs old, need to lose 50-60 lbs......have read a few success stories about other people's journeys, but want to begin on my own journey. I lost 5 lbs 2 weeks b4 Christmas, and put that back on. I know I can do this, just starting again. Feel free to add me.
  • ThisMagicMoment
    ThisMagicMoment Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    59, have lost 20--with a lot more to go. Hoping to make a noticeable dent in it by the time I turn 60 in 2016. Feel free to add me.
  • rati_menon
    rati_menon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I just joined. I am the heaviest I have been in the last few years and it is not so easy to lose the weight anymore . I want to lose 9 kgs that is approx 20 lbs.
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm back at it again. Bad knees and a bad shoulder.

Ate too much over the holidays.

Feel free to add me.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Just turned 56. Lost 40 lbs last year with 40 to go till goal. Feel free to add.