12/1 5.5 miles - 5.5
    12/2 4.1 miles - 9.6
    12/3 5.5 miles - 15.1
    12/4 4.1 miles - 19.2
    12/5 12 miles - 31.2
    12/6 REST DAY
    12/7 4 miles - 35.2 << Last taper week going into RCM

exercise.png

I was gonna do an easy 2.5-3 today, but i see i have the chance to catch-up or surpass your mileage for the moment. I know you're tapering. But opportunity must be taken. :p
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    12/1-3.7 miles + strength training
    12/2-4.7 miles-Hot Chocolate group run
    12/3-3.3 miles dreadmill intervals +strength training
    12/4-3.3 miles
    12/5-3.5 miles
    12/6-10.1 miles
    12/7-rest/yoga

@karllundy - I also have the 220 and think it's a great device. My husband has the 620 and I don't feel that there is much difference except that his has multi-sport mode where the 220 is only running. Unless you are a tri-athlete or bike a lot, the 220 is the best bang for the $, IMO.

@Stoshew71 -Good luck on your marathon. Is it this upcoming weekend? Is this your BQ attempt?

exercise.png
  • MorningGhost14
    MorningGhost14 Posts: 441 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    DATE...............MILES...............TOTAL
    12/1....................6.00....................6.00
    12/2....................5.00..................11.00
    12/3....................6.25..................17.25
    12/4...................REST.................17.25
    12/5....................14.00.................31.25
    12/6...................REST.................31.25
    12/7......................3.75.................35.00

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:

5/14/16: Glacier Ridge Ultra, 50k (Portersville, PA)
    10/1/16: Cloudsplitter 100, 100k (Pine Mountain, KY)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    11/23 7 miles - 158.9 << Week1 of RCM Taper
    11/24 8.1 miles - 167
    11/25 5 miles - 172 << Recovery Run
    11/26 8 miles - 180
    11/27 5 miles - 185 << Recovery Run
    11/28 17 miles - 202 << Long Run - end of Week1 Taper
    11/29 REST DAY
    11/30 6.1 miles - 208.1<< Week2 of RCM Taper

12/1 5.5 miles - 5.5
    12/2 4.1 miles - 9.6
    12/3 5.5 miles - 15.1
    12/4 4.1 miles - 19.2
    12/5 12 miles - 31.2
    12/6 REST DAY
    12/7 4 miles - 35.2 << Last taper week going into RCM

exercise.png

I was gonna do an easy 2.5-3 today, but i see i have the chance to catch-up or surpass your mileage for the moment. I know you're tapering. But opportunity must be taken. :p

LOL!!! Love it!

• ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Thanks @karllundy!

I don't hide my diary, some judged me for it. Silly since I don't judge them for not running! I'm entirely convinced that I can run, eat pie or pizza as I wish and stay in shape. I may be a fool, but I'm a fool that has pie.

Group Question Everyone - I have a TM that we bought almost a year ago and the family is just really starting to use it. It is iFIT compatible so I just bought the module to enable it. Last night when I was doing my holiday (Pie) mile, I noticed it was so much easier if I thought about the trails or a race and visualized running. So, I figure this may help with TM boredom. Any experience with this beast?

I have an iFit treadmill, and it is definitely a huge improvement over the regular TM in terms of boredom relief. My husband was kind enough to hook up a 42" flatscreen on the wall in front of it, so I use that to stream the Google StreetView map of the route I'm using (hooked my laptop, running the iFit software to the TV for a bigger, better view). I do love that it automatically changes the incline to match the terrain of your chosen route. Shakes things up a bit--just watch out for bridges. The software does not recognize bridges as flat and you will end up running at a 15% incline to get out of the gorge you were never actually in. LOL!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    @5beautifuldays your dog is so cute. There was a dog on our trail run this weekend, he was awesome. If he ran off a bit and got behind you he would race up past you, and never touch you. He took off chasing a deer and his owner called his name and he came running back. When we stopped to wait for people he would walk over to every person and then to his owner, I said it's like he's counting us to make sure we are all here. Too funny. My Macy loves to run with me, but it turns into a sniff and run and there are days I don't have time for that. But we walk after my runs so when I come in the door she goes nuts because she knows we are going to walk.

I love all the dogs I meet out on the trails. While I was hiking with my son's cub scouts this weekend, we saw this enormous blood hound--he looked so sad and adorable! That's funny about the deer-chasing dog you saw; my guy is a little afraid of deer. We don't see them often around here, but when we were up in PA there were a number and I don't think he knew what to make of them. Maybe he thought they were *really* big dogs!
    karllundy wrote: »

Seems I touched a bit of a treadmill nerve. I don't hate it, it just gets boring and mentally exhausting after about 3-4 miles for me. Plus, the lack of air movement means I sweat like CRAZY and get all soggy.

I am *very* particular about the treadmill I use in the gym! They have a bank of the iFit TMs in the cinema and another in the "old" section of the gym. They have the absolute *best* fans! I'd rather go outside in the rain than run on a treadmill without a really blowy fan, and everyone here knows how much I love to run in the rain (complain, complain).
    Thanks @karllundy!

I don't hide my diary, some judged me for it. Silly since I don't judge them for not running! I'm entirely convinced that I can run, eat pie or pizza as I wish and stay in shape. I may be a fool, but I'm a fool that has pie.

I love you. And pie. And that McDonald's iced coffee that I just downed after my long run. It was *wonderful*.

12/1 3.5 @ 11:17 on the treadmill plus strength training
    12/2 5.25 @ 11:04 on the treadmill. Oh my heck, please let it be sunny tomorrow. Or at least not so wet.
    12/3 4.75 @ 12:03 on the park trail with the doggy. Yay! Sunshine!
    12/4 3.5 @ 11:03 (really 3.25 at 10:48, plus .25 at a walk) on the treadmill, plus strength training
    12/5 3 miles hiking with the cub scouts :)

12/6 Woke up feeling sore from Friday's strength training, so took a rest day
    12/7 9.25 @ 12:26 on the park trail, nice and easy
    12/8
    12/9
    12/10
    12/11
    12/13

exercise.png

• dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

I could not be friends with someone who would judge me for eating pie or pizza. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life. :)

5 miles for me today. I took 35 more seconds off of my time. I know that 5 miles in an hour isn't really that impressive of a goal but I have been working on it for a long time so whatever. Only 2 minutes and 58 seconds more to take off before I get there.
    exercise.png
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    dennie24 wrote: »

5 miles for me today. I took 35 more seconds off of my time. I know that 5 miles in an hour isn't really that impressive of a goal but I have been working on it for a long time so whatever. Only 2 minutes and 58 seconds more to take off before I get there.

5 miles per hour is absolutely wonderful! It took me months to get to that point, and even though I can run a mile or so at 6 mph now, I'd still say that a good chunk of my long runs are at 5mph or even a little slower. It's a nice, conversational speed for a lot of people (especially people with short legs, like me!) which is exactly where we're supposed to be.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Thanks @karllundy!

Group Question Everyone - I have a TM that we bought almost a year ago and the family is just really starting to use it. It is iFIT compatible so I just bought the module to enable it. Last night when I was doing my holiday (Pie) mile, I noticed it was so much easier if I thought about the trails or a race and visualized running. So, I figure this may help with TM boredom. Any experience with this beast?

I have an iFit treadmill, and it is definitely a huge improvement over the regular TM in terms of boredom relief. My husband was kind enough to hook up a 42" flatscreen on the wall in front of it, so I use that to stream the Google StreetView map of the route I'm using (hooked my laptop, running the iFit software to the TV for a bigger, better view). I do love that it automatically changes the incline to match the terrain of your chosen route. Shakes things up a bit--just watch out for bridges. The software does not recognize bridges as flat and you will end up running at a 15% incline to get out of the gorge you were never actually in. LOL!

Oh wow! Thanks for all the info. I have no idea how it all works. We have a TV in the bedroom that's never used. I can put it in front of the TM and hook it up through the lap top too.. I'm stoked now. No wonder you can do so much treadmill time.

If I don't hook up an external monitor, will street view be on the display window? I notice ours has a place for a tablet, so I suspect that that is how it was intended to be viewed, not on the normal display window where your dot runs laps.

Thanks for the info!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options

Wait, did I miss a conversation where someone judged you for pie? Or maybe that's why you changed profile picture?

I just had a dessert after breakfast (a couple squares of dark chocolate with spicy heat - didn't know dessert after breakfast was a thing? why yes it is :blush:) haha ;)
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    First chance I've had to pop in since...I guess Saturday really. Hope all are kicking butt, I will catch up soon (90 posts to read).

I let that knee rest on Saturday as well just to be safe and then did my planned long run on Sunday. I made it the first 10 miles at my newer easy pace in 2:09 with no problem, but at that point my legs were REALLY tired. I still made the distance at about 30 seconds slower per mile in the end. I clearly lost a little endurance these last few weeks off of running. Bring on that muscle memory!! Even with all that this run was nearly 90 seconds faster than my easy pace earlier this year. Pretty big gain. But still well short of my goal for the end of Spring, provided my goal is possible. I'm hoping to get my half time down around 2:30 and do a full in under 6:00. For me the biggest thing is the full under 6:00. I really slow down on those later miles and that is what I truly hope to conquer.

12/1 - 4 mile lactate threshold run
    12/2 - 4 mile easy run
    12/3 - 4 mile easy run
    12/6 - 13 mile long run

Total 25 of 125 miles

exercise.png

• zmcgrandles
    zmcgrandles Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    12/3 - 3.2 miles
    12/6 - 1.8 miles
    12/7 - 4.1 miles - longest run so far!
    Total 9.1 miles with 40.9 to go

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    ACSL3 wrote: »

Wait, did I miss a conversation where someone judged you for pie? Or maybe that's why you changed profile picture?

I just had a dessert after breakfast (a couple squares of dark chocolate with spicy heat - didn't know dessert after breakfast was a thing? why yes it is :blush:) haha ;)

Yes and no. It was on my feed sometime back. And really I bring it on myself. I cry about the scale not moving, and everyone sees I eat pie, burgers, pizza and such..so I'm just accepting a bit of responsibility. Easy to be the victim..LOL! And I'm not giving up pie..

Now wish me luck. On my way out to grab 5.8+ to inch past stoshew for just a sec.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Hmm...I would only judge people for not sharing pie. Especially pizza pie.
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks @karllundy!

I cannot believe someone would judge your diary. Shocking. That said my friends and husband are always trying to lead me astray - a little bit of judginess when I fall off the wagon might help (I am not taking about a litre pie here and there, I fall hard - takeaway every night etc).

2/12 2k
    3/12 1k
    5/12 7k
    6/12 7k
    7/12 2k

Just a cheeky 2k; a warm up for a weight day and a gentle hill 1k. Treadmill as ever.

exercise.png

• ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Thanks @karllundy!

Oh wow! Thanks for all the info. I have no idea how it all works. We have a TV in the bedroom that's never used. I can put it in front of the TM and hook it up through the lap top too.. I'm stoked now. No wonder you can do so much treadmill time.

If I don't hook up an external monitor, will street view be on the display window? I notice ours has a place for a tablet, so I suspect that that is how it was intended to be viewed, not on the normal display window where your dot runs laps.

Thanks for the info!

I think that depends on which TM model you have. With mine (NordicTrack C950, I think), I have to have the external monitor (laptop/tablet) to see the StreetView. The automatic adjustment to the TM incline still works without it, you just don't get the visual. Some of the fancier ones have built-in displays where you can browse the web and those allow you to see the StreetView directly from the TM screen. Sounds like yours is more like mine, though.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    12/04- 2.6 miles
    12/05- 1.7 miles
    12/07- 1.6 miles

Today was really hard. I started week 3 of c25k. I partially had myself psyched out by it but I barely managed to pull through. Up until three weeks ago, I had not run since I was a kid... But I am gonna do this!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options

hahaha Enjoy it now. And for the next 3 weeks afterwards when I do my reverse taper.

lporter229 wrote: »
    @Stoshew71 -Good luck on your marathon. Is it this upcoming weekend? Is this your BQ attempt?

Thank you. And yes, I did have original plans to attempt a BQ. However, my HM time trial a few weeks ago influenced me that I am not ready to attempt a BQ just yet. Attempting a BQ pace from the beginning may hamper my overall finish time. I don't want to make the same mistake I made last year. So I am going for a 3:30 or 3:35 finish instead which is more realistic for my result at my recent HM time trial. My BQ is 3:25, and in order to even get into Boston, I would have to beat that by almost 3 minutes. No way I am ready for a 3:22 finish this year. Next year, most definetely.

In addition, I got recent news that it may be warm this Saturday. Like 60-70 degrees warm. I was hoping for a 40 degree race in order to PR and get close to BQ. If the 60-70 degree weather holds up, I may have to rethink my goal time even more.
  • fat2fitshley
    fat2fitshley Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party and a newbie but I'd like to join in! My goal is 25 miles in December. Just getting back into running along with starting a new lifting routine so my legs have been a little shaky the last week. :)
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Did my fastest time on 2.1 miles yet (just started back up again and I'm on C25K Week 6, Day 3).

I forgot from my past running experience how much I enjoy running when I've built up my stamina! I felt like I could have gone forever on Sunday!!!

December Mileage= 4.5/35