Easy, filling, low calorie snack suggestions

Options
tatjanak87
tatjanak87 Posts: 16 Member
Does anyone know of easy-to-make, filling, low calorie snacks?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is pretty good. Cheese sticks, fruit...
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    vegetables. They're ready in a pack, just open it and enjoy ;)
  • cassandranken
    cassandranken Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I usually go for keto bombs tbh (If I'm really lazy, or just don't want something cold, I just put 1-2 tbsp of PB in one of those little spice cups, throw in some coconut oil, then microwave it and top it with some sea salt. Holds me over pretty well). Or meat and cheese, or some almonds and cheese.
  • tatjanak87
    tatjanak87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Veggies aren't filling at all for me. I bought some baby carrots to snack on, which are great for when I just feel like eating something but aren't actually hungry, but when I'm actually hungry, they do nothing.
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    tatjanak87 wrote: »
    Veggies aren't filling at all for me. I bought some baby carrots to snack on, which are great for when I just feel like eating something but aren't actually hungry, but when I'm actually hungry, they do nothing.

I tend to buy small bags to steam and just eat them on the go. Followed by a glass of water it seems quite filling for me. Maybe try eggs? A couple of eggs keeps me quite well.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Protein, fat...if your vegetables aren't cutting it, go for protein and fat. Celery and peanut butter, salami and cheese, vegges and guacamole, lunch meat roll ups, nuts, etc.
  • peterkim9
    peterkim9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    roasted Parmesan chickpeas. buy two cans of chickpeas. dry'em on paper towels and toss in evoo and parmesan and roast them 400 deg for 45 mins. (i consider this easy, but it might not be for some, but its very filling and makes 12 servings of about 115 cals!)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

But how about 100s of grams of veggies?

Anyway, I love protein for snacks. Beef jerky, low fat greek yogurt with your favorite mix-ins (seriously, anything from an oreo to fruit to peanut butter), cucumbers will salsa, egg whites with laughing cow cheese, a protein bar, protein shake. I have fun going up and down the isles of the grocery store, reading labels and seeing what fits. Sometimes I'll do something like 2/3 of a can of pumpkin with low fat whipped cream.
  • abdulbasitsamad2824
    Options
    Does anyone know of easy-to-make, filling, low calorie snacks?
    I guess Chickpeas are good for filling and also for weight loss as they are rich in Fibers so they will make ur Intestines feel good
  • tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i tried a new one today took ripe bannanas cut them in slices froze them then process them till smooth add a lil peanut butter refreeze makes ice cream simple and healthy
  • ecr152
    ecr152 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Cold Banana and peanut butter. Bag of veggies (carrots, broccoli, zucchini,) apples, popcorn, granola bar, oatmeal, lunch meat, Thai spring rolls...
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    protein powder and almond milk blended with a little ice; cheese and 12 almonds; protein crepe and cashew butter; boiled eggs; greek yogurt and 1/2 cup frozen strawberries.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    roasted chickpeas mmm
    figs & dates
  • MathildaZ
    MathildaZ Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    popcorn is what i eat, not super healty but works :P not bad atleast.. and bananas but it doesn't rly work.. i also drink alot of green tea
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I work on combining protein with my carb choices for maximum satisfaction. Here are my go-to options.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/jgnatca/view/mid-day-snacks-722504
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Flavoured Greek yogurt, mini cans of flavoured tuna, shrimp with cocktail sauce, cottage cheese, welches fruit snacks, 300g of strawberries, 200g of strawberries w/ 3/4 c milk and 1t sugar... A banana...
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options

They aren't for me, either, unless I eat protein with it! That's filling and low cals.
  • angelapaceideran
    Options
    [/quote]chickpeas. buy two cans of chickpeas. dry'em on paper towels and toss in evoo and parmesan and roast them 400 deg for 45 mins. (i consider this easy, but it might not be for some, but its very filling and makes 12 servings of about 115 cals!)[/quote]

• Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If you want to cut your appetite until your next meal, you can try this drink:
    Put into your blender cup:
    juice of a lemon
    Optional, grate fresh ginger root and squeeze the juice from the pulp into your cup, discard pulp
    1T chia seeds
    stevia to sweeten

add water and some ice and blend on high
  • TxLisa251
    TxLisa251 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My go to snacks are whole natural almonds, Greek yogurt, cheese sticks, carrot sticks,and fruit, such as berries, Clementine oranges, apples.