creatine

Options
Best creatine supplement for woman?
Recommended dose? Can I take with pre work out though it already contains creatine?

Replies

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    For the most part creatine is creatine, pick it up from any reliable brand.
    3-5g daily is pretty common dose most people take and yeah you can take it with your pre workout, most of those only have 1g creatine in them per serving but check the label.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware there was a special one for women. Right now I take one from Nutrishop. It's PNR and I think that might be one of their brands but I'm not sure. It's about $12 for 100 servings. If I am taking a pre that already contains it then, no, I do not take additional.
  • rontafoya
    rontafoya Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm not aware of any difference between creatine for men or women. My understanding is, proper adult dosage is 3-5 grams (total) per day, every day. Creatine Monohydrate is a form that is both reasonably priced and well absorbed. I think any reputable brand will do. I use BulkSupplements off Amazon, and just mix into into my post work out, and on non-training days I take it with my vitamins in water or some other drink. I'm curious to see what others say. See Muscle for life (dot com)--I think he has pretty reputable info.
  • _reno_
    _reno_ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I think the GNC brand is really good. Easy to take good results. well priced on amazon
  • yungbrah
    yungbrah Posts: 33 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition creatine monohydrate is the cheapest. Take 5g/day and you're set. Also, it doesn't matter when you take it as it's not a stimulant.
  • siillyliilyy
    siillyliilyy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)
    AdaruB wrote: »
    For the most part creatine is creatine, pick it up from any reliable brand.
    3-5g daily is pretty common dose most people take and yeah you can take it with your pre workout, most of those only have 1g creatine in them per serving but check the label.

• siillyliilyy
    Options
    Thank you!! :)
    VegasFit wrote: »
    I wasn't aware there was a special one for women. Right now I take one from Nutrishop. It's PNR and I think that might be one of their brands but I'm not sure. It's about $12 for 100 servings. If I am taking a pre that already contains it then, no, I do not take additional.

• siillyliilyy
    Options
    Thank you!
    rontafoya wrote: »
    I'm not aware of any difference between creatine for men or women. My understanding is, proper adult dosage is 3-5 grams (total) per day, every day. Creatine Monohydrate is a form that is both reasonably priced and well absorbed. I think any reputable brand will do. I use BulkSupplements off Amazon, and just mix into into my post work out, and on non-training days I take it with my vitamins in water or some other drink. I'm curious to see what others say. See Muscle for life (dot com)--I think he has pretty reputable info.

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Creatine monohydrate micronized is what you want; I take 5g/daily. I had a bit of an issue the first time I took it with a loading phase (intestinal issue). Tried again with just the 5g and no loading phase, no issue this time.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I take just plain old micronized creatine monohydrate. 3-5g and just the cheapest brand usually around 10$ or something.

I prefer the micronized because it's less gritty and seems to cause less stomach problems for me.
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Some say take it with a sugar drink.... scoop of sugar with the water bam... or gatorade. They also say caffeine negates the creatine uptake. All Bro science imo. My wife takes it like that too. Scoop right in mouth and swig of water