In need of a buddy :)

Options
Hi all! I logged onto MFP today (after not logging in for about 4 years) when I realized I'd put on about 20 lbs in the last few years. I lost some weight a few years ago and maintained it until about the last year and a half or so, when I got a new job working a lot more hours behind my desk. My clothes aren't fitting as well, and after seeing photos of myself from a holiday party this weekend is had enough. I've always read that having buddies to keep you accountable for keeping track of food and exercise is one of the best motivators, so this time around that's what I'm going to do and what I would like to do for others!

Replies

• angelabradsher
    angelabradsher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request for buddy! I need the same thing
  • adchill
    adchill Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am feeling the same thing.
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. You can add me as a friend.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Glad to hear I am not the only one looking for support on this journey.
  • michelleblevins6678
    Options
    I feel the same way!!! I lost 65 lbs last year and I've noticed I've gained 15 lbs back and I need motivation and encouragement as well!!
  • knolan147
    knolan147 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Staying motivated is rough! Not to mention, here come the holidays. :). I could use a buddy too.
  • mgaje
    mgaje Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sent a request need some positive vibes too ☺️ anyone else feel free to add me!!
  • YeaYeaPueblo
    YeaYeaPueblo Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Likewise! I've had two kids in the last three years and it's been tough to stay on track!
  • sugarcricket
    sugarcricket Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's so tough to stay on track... But it helps to have friends to help motivate. Please feel free to add me and we can help support each other. (That goes for anyone.)
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I sent a few friend requests out :)
  • Renae21
    Renae21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh Im looking for the same! i would love to have some support as well! :)
  • lulloa
    lulloa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you are interested but I just started a support group on FB. No selling products or none of that, just support and encouragement. I named it Daily Dosage. Send me a message if you are interested and can't find it. Would love to have you. Fitness goals are easier with a good support system.
  • veganstephanie
    veganstephanie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me everybody. I did the same thing. Medicine changes changed my appetite so I gained ten or so pounds. Took a hiatus and now good to go.
  • kaeleeandme
    kaeleeandme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    murp4069 wrote: »
    Hi all! I logged onto MFP today (after not logging in for about 4 years) when I realized I'd put on about 20 lbs in the last few years. I lost some weight a few years ago and maintained it until about the last year and a half or so, when I got a new job working a lot more hours behind my desk. My clothes aren't fitting as well, and after seeing photos of myself from a holiday party this weekend is had enough. I've always read that having buddies to keep you accountable for keeping track of food and exercise is one of the best motivators, so this time around that's what I'm going to do and what I would like to do for others!

I need some support too. coming back after losing 27 lbs...only to gain it back and 5 more. UGH. It's a struggle and I can't do it alone. Just to be able to hear from others with encouragement will greatly help. Thanks...
  • NASAwife13
    NASAwife13 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Communicating with likeminded people will hopefully help. I am in the same boat and need to get back on track
  • holla18
    holla18 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Same here