One year down, 98 pounds lost!!!

Options
faithan84
faithan84 Posts: 717 Member

Okay everyone... Sorry not sorry for the upcoming long post. My turn to brag on myself a bit. :smiley:

Today marks the one year anniversary of my health journey. Who better to celebrate with than you all?

This time last year I weighed around 250 pounds. Today I weigh 152!!!!!! It took only 2 months for the first 50 to come off, and it's been a longer 10 months with some ups and downs for the other 48. I still have 7 pounds to go to be in the "healthy" bmi range, and about 22 to go to reach my ultimate goal weight. I am totally a different person now. I can no longer use "I'm too fat and lazy" as a valid excuse. I can call myself a "runner" now (albeit reluctantly). I've gone from not being able to run for more than 10 seconds or so to being able to run 40 minutes at a time! I went from a women's size 18-20 jeans to.... get this.... I just bought a pair of size 6!!! skinny jeans! I went from eating fast food 3-4 times EVERY day to eating "sticks and leaves" (according to my great aunt) now and really enjoy the variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. I now see time off as opportunity to exercise more, and walking doesn't feel like exercise anymore. I've stuck to my food plan so long that those around me know and understand what I'm doing, support me, and have even started making changes in their diets. I have loose skin around my torso (as most other places)... but I still do jumping jacks in the middle of the gym without embarrassment. I feel like I've earned my place at the gym, and no longer stare at the floor to avoid eye contact with those around me. Shopping for clothes is now FUN! ("Maybe a little too much fun," says my wallet.) I sleep better, I'm generally more comfortable doing anything (sitting, standing, walking, bending, etc), I have more energy, a more positive outlook on life, more confidence, more positive self talk, and stronger determination. This is seriously the longest project I've worked on successfully and consistently since school... and it's something I feel like I can continue the rest of my life. And now pictures. :smile:

clmvp9kyjuuc.jpg

fsa0ltfdxbp5.jpg

fqmhmudu8610.jpg

8pd33woo4agk.jpg

So it's totally not fair to have a seated bathing suit picture as a "before" compared with a standing and clothed "after", but this picture in particular means something to me. One of the breakthroughs that needed to happen in order to start my journey was being able to accept and love myself as I am (was) today (then). When I looked at this picture last Fall, the first thing I saw wasn't my big arms, big tummy, double chins, or laughable use of a shaping undergarment under my suit. The first thing I saw was my smile. I was truly happy the day that picture was taken, and for the first time, that was the most important thing about the picture. My happiness was beautiful to me, and I can still smile at that picture. I was happy then, and I'm happy now. Now I just have different healthy habits and a body that allows me to keep up with them.

Thank you for reading and letting me brag a bit. I'm super proud/shocked/amazed at my success so far, and I wanted to share! :smiley:

Replies

• ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome!!!
  • mellowadam
    mellowadam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You look a lot younger! Great job.
  • caterinahart
    caterinahart Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    So awesome! You should be very proud!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    50 lbs in two months, WOW, that must have been so encouraging!! You look like you feel terrific! I started out wanting to lose weight more for vanity reasons, but as I've gotten healthier it's become much more about getting fit and being/staying healthy. Keep up the great work!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous and adorable! You look happy in all the pictures, but now you look happy AND healthy!
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    What a positive, happy post!! I am inspired! Well done you!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You look so happy. You've done a great job! You've got a great smile and wonderful attitude. :)
  • gracesness
    gracesness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look good, im happy for you.
  • Doublemeasure
    Doublemeasure Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Nice weight loss! WTG!
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Congratulations
  • Moxiemama5678
    Moxiemama5678 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So amazing! Congratulations!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, and SO MUCH younger! If I didn't know you were you, I'd assume that the before pictures were a woman who was the mother of the young lady in the after pictures! Well done! :)
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! :smile: It's funny to hear that I look younger. I'm 31, and I've been told for years and years that I look younger than I am. With the weight loss, I look in the mirror and think that I'm finally starting to look my age, especially around my eyes and neck. From your comments it seems I'm only growing younger! :lol:
  • BleuBerryS
    BleuBerryS Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You look amazing I love that your always smiling - and the dress.
  • Free2batx
    Free2batx Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Can you detail your workout and meal plans? Just getting started over here!
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Great job. Congratulations to you. Keep up those good habits for life!
  • ILuvMeee
    ILuvMeee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So motivational!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!