One year down, 98 pounds lost!!!

Replies

• turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Congrats!!! You look absolutely AMAZING!!!! Your post is definitely an inspiration for me as I continue to my weight loss journey :smile:
  • Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself. You look sensational, you must feel like a million bucks! Keep up the good work!
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Congratulations! Great job!
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Congratulations - you are right to feel proud of your achievement! Well done you!
  • bhokanson2015
    bhokanson2015 Posts: 75 Member
    Congrats!! Fantastic achievement, I've turned into a runner as well from being obese.. high five :)
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    I love that last part about accepting and loving yourself. When I finally did that, I finally starting losing weight too! You look great!
  • ebouchie
    ebouchie Posts: 124 Member
    So amazingly awesome!
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 161 Member
    Congrats!!! Thank you for sharing. Your post is definitely an inspiration for me as I continue on my weight loss journey. You look great!
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    great great great!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Awesome stuff - that's the amount I've needed to lose (started at 238lb, down 66lb as of today) - good to see the massive difference.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    thanks for sharing and thanks for bragging :) You deserve to! You look amazing. True inspiration
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Incredible!! You deserve a brag!!
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Yay! Thank you all for your kind words. :blush:
    mlays005 wrote: »
    Can you detail your workout and meal plans? Just getting started over here!

@mlays005 I followed Food Addicts Anonymous's Food Plan (http://www.foodaddictsanonymous.org/faa-food-plan) at first. They ask you to give up wheat, flour, added sugars, and artificial sugars. I also gave up processed foods, gmo's, soy, and dairy since those are triggers for me as well. I also have to limit popcorn, nuts, and nut butters since I can overdo those. I measured everything. I stuck to the portions they suggest and it always felt like enough food. When I cook simply, it becomes easy to follow. I started logging calories out of curiosity in February. I started to make small changes to the plan, but I've since gone back to following it more strictly. The more I tried to eat things in "moderation", the more setbacks I had.

I didn't exercise regularly the first six months, but I tried to find exercise that was fun to me - hiking, walking, yoga, biking, dancing. I was getting out to have fun. I started using Couch 2 5K in July, and that put some regularity in my exercise routine. I'm now trying to work in more body weight exercises since I'd like to be stronger. I've also moved on to Bridge 2 10K.

Let me know if you have any more questions! Good luck!
  • Shan_Lindsay
    Shan_Lindsay Posts: 60 Member
    You look awesome and your happiness shines through in the pictures! Congratulations!
  • FitterFifteen
    FitterFifteen Posts: 75 Member
    Congratulations, you've accomplished so much!
    I was also very touched at your comment about being able to look back at your before photo and see yourself as happy. so many people look back at the face/body/weight first and not the memory and emotion of that moment which is what life should be about :)

Kudos +1
  • glitterlizzy
    glitterlizzy Posts: 31 Member
    Congrats! You look amazing!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    You are FABULOUS!!! Congratulations on all your hard work!
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Congratulations on your hard work!! You look great!!
  • 4PinkLady9
    4PinkLady9 Posts: 47 Member
    So inspiring!!!! Thank you for sharing your story. I Love the part about the smile and being happy. :) Thanks for the inspiration...these always help me for the rest of the day. Way to Go! You Look Fantastic.
  • missravae
    missravae Posts: 21 Member
    You. Look. Great. Keep it up!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!