Daily calories

Options
Eating right is not bout hitting ur daily calories it's bout hitting your macro's
I never been able to hit my calories 100%ly
If I tried then my macros changed
and it really used to drive me insane
Till one day I have been reading bout it
The main vital key is hitting ur macros and not worrying bout your daily cal intake

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight, calories matter. But yes, for health, you want to watch the other stuff and eat nutritious foods.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eating right is not bout hitting ur daily calories it's bout hitting your macro's
    The main vital key is hitting ur macros and not worrying bout your daily cal intake

so if I eat 3000 cals per day but my macros are balanced at 40/30/30, i'll lose weight?!

:huh: :noway:
  • VinnyI82
    VinnyI82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

so if I eat 3000 cals per day but my macros are balanced at 40/30/30, i'll lose weight?!

I'll go ahead and say I think OP meant going over your cal limit by a few/few hundred cals to hit a certain amount of P/F/C...not eating 3k+ cals as long as you met your macro percentages.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Then why does your diary show you hitting neither your calories nor macros?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    VinnyI82 wrote: »

I'll go ahead and say I think OP meant going over your cal limit by a few/few hundred cals to hit a certain amount of P/F/C...not eating 3k+ cals as long as you met your macro percentages.

but if you are only working on a 0.5lb deficit, a 'few hundred cals' is the difference between losing and not losing, regardless of macros....
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Well I'd say

Hit your protein minimum
    Hit your fats minimum
    Have a wide spread of colourful veg, dairy, lean proteins
    Do not exceed your calories across the week
    Move more
    Lift heavy stuff and put it down again

And you're set