Just started yesterday!!!

Options
I've been in a constant state of needing or trying to lose weight my entire life. Taking it more or less seriously at different times. However, I just got back from vacationing in Asia where I was a giant and could barely find a souvenir t shirt to fit me since XL is as big as they go (and it was more like a large). But I realized I need to get serious...and NOW. I don't want my size to be an issue anymore. Especially with the holidays coming and if I don't make changes I'll probably gain ten pounds in the next month between Christmas cookies and holiday dinners. So I started with this app yesterday. I need to lose 75 pounds about. But this weeks goal is really just to log everything. To start being honest and accountable for what I'm eating. To write everything down. If I binge eat a sleeve of Oreos, im writing it down. That is my first goal...truly face my bad decisions. Wish me luck. And I'm down to meet new people so add me! :)))

Replies

• TaniaMcCormick
    TaniaMcCormick Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! :)
  • charlesfloresdmd
    Options
    If you wanna lose weight, run, or jog. There are a lot of runnig apps. I am using runkeeper and it's very useful even the free version. I remember losing from 190lbs to 175lbs. But sadly work prohibited me from doing so so I am trying this app as a supplement and it really helped me alot. I just started running back in 2012. The only hardest part is the first part. Plus you can eat whatever you want but with a little discipline
  • KimberLinzey
    KimberLinzey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Definitely work on logging everything as a first step. That is a wonderful first step!!! I have to work on holding myself accountable more too... Sometimes I'll binge on tons of ice cream or cookies but I won't log it because I feel so ashamed. But this is a process and I shouldn't feel ashamed of the journey! We can do this
  • klsheeley
    klsheeley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! We can do this!! I have been using this app on and off for a couple years. This time I'm serious. It's been almost a week. :smiley: I'm going to add you.
  • Burtie_Burt
    Burtie_Burt Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Trying to focus on logging everything and being honest. It's a tough time of year to lose weight, but hopefully I can get myself into good habits now and hit the ground running after Christmas! I'll add you...
  • Lizzierose89
    Lizzierose89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good luck! This is a new start for me too :smile: