Temptation at Work!!

Options
How can you say NO, when your closest co workers are always offering and buying BAD food around you frequently?! I feel I don't have the willpower to say no. Help, any tips?

Replies

• JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Probably not much help, but I just say no. Almost daily, especially right now with clients sending Christmas gifts there is food all over the place here. I very rarely touch it.

Maybe bring in something you can snack on instead, or fit a treat into your day.
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Accept the goodies, eat your favorite and then sneak the rest home for someone else to eat lol.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    What's bad about the food? Is it spoiled? Or does it taste awful? Or does it just not fit in your calorie budget?

If it's the latter, just politely decline. Willpower is a muscle that gets stronger with use. Unless you want it, in which case make room for it in your day or week.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    • Prelogging for the day. "It's already in the log, so that's what your going to eat for the day" is one external tool to help with the mindset.
    • Bringing your own food for lunch and snacks, and making a personal commitment to eat only those foods while you're at work.
    • If you can manage it, when they offer a treat, you ask for just a bite as you are managing your calorie intake.
    • Remember that there is no such thing a food that is truly "bad" for you. It's the quantities that become the issue.
    • A 1 pound loss goal on MFP is a 3,500 calorie deficit for the week. 1.5 pounds is a 5,250 deficit. 2 pounds is a 7,000 calorie deficit. If you stay on track 6 days out of 7 chances are you will not blow your entire deficit in one day. Meaning it's okay to enjoy yourself and indulge a little. It's about the long game.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I politely say no thank you and carry on with my day. They all know I eat weird stuff and don't like sweets so it's not too much of a problem for me.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I bring my lunch and snacks every day. Everyone at my work buys lunch from some fast food or restaurant and when you total how much they spend in a week its crazy. I'll keep my wallet fat and not my waistline. Knowing this keeps me motivated.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what everyone else said. I pack my breakfast, lunch and snacks. I usually know what I am having for dinner, so I pre-log all of my food for the day. Then I know what kind of calorie deficit I have. If I have a deficit and I really want some of what is being offered, I have some. If it doesn't look like it is worth the "delicious points" I say no thank you.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    willpower is something that is exercised, so really, it's all in your hands...you either do or you don't. the good news is that the more willpower is exercised, the easier everything becomes.
  • WonderJayy
    WonderJayy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone! Today will be a real tester. I will follow everyone's tips and pre pack my own lunch vs logging as the day goes. Wish me luck