Just starting out!

Options
Signed up yesterday and really hoping to stick with this. Have tried a few diets in the past and stuck with it for about a day or two so not a real good track record! Next week will mark my one year quit date for smoking so I obviously have some will power, time to put it to use for weight loss too! Good luck to everybody else as well! Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Jessica5000
    Options
    Hi & Welcome.
    I started June 1st. I'm just starting to get the hang of MFP. I'm down 2 lbs. It's a fun interactive site, so I have yet to get bored and fall off the wagon. I wish you the best of luck and me too :)
  • Butterfly310
    Options
    Congrats on joining! And congrats on quitting smoking!!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find a lot of supportive people here to help you stay on track. Good luck on your journey!
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You sound like me! I decided that if I could quit smoking that I could lose this weight and I have. (still working on it though) I've been at it for almost a year now and that's the longest I've ever been able to keep at it. Good luck!
  • wonderwoman1974
    wonderwoman1974 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Stay strong, you can do it. A friend of mine told me that she read somewhere that it takes 3 weeks to form a habit. I can understand that...at first its so hard but then it becomes routine. I am not there yet...but looking forward to my 2 week mark this week :) Good luck!!:bigsmile:
  • rcarri7661
    rcarri7661 Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome