Snacks??

Options
Hey. So my Naturopath has suggested no liquid calories and only two pieces of bread and one cup of other starches. This is very difficult since I love sushi, pasta, rice and subs. I cannot eat a lot of fruits and vegetables due to my IBS (manly just critic acid). But am trying to figure out things to have for snack. Was hoping people would post their favourite snacks. Starch free if possible. Thanks in advanced.

Replies

• echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    What the F is a naturopath?

Sounds like a scam.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Pay attention to the IBS diagnosis.
    If you are not eating starches or much fruits and veggies, eat protein (meat, dairy, seafood) and fats and oils.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    celery with peanut butter or hummus with carrot and celery sticks may work for you
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    What the F is a naturopath?

Sounds like a scam.

Naturopaths usually work with traditional doctors in areas where conventional medicine doesn't provide a solution such as IBS. Most are doctors although licensing and requirements vary from state to state.
  • mandahq
    mandahq Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My naturopath is licensed. He recommended myfitnesspal too even though I already use it. He uses the reports to see my eating habits and see what needs to be adjusted. My weight is one of the many things he is helping me with. Just started seeing him. I like him. Its a little expensive but I need the help to get health again.

The hummus sounds good. Would that count as a starch? Might be a silly question but i have no idea if beans are counted as starches. I dont think so but can anyone clearify?
  • Niamhccc
    Niamhccc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Rice is meant to be the easiest grain to digest?.
    Bananas are full with potassium which thickens if you have ibs d... (Thickens stuff)
    Peppermint tea settles the muscles in your stomach(when your cramping)
    Probiotic drinks are amazing for putting a lining back on your stomach.
    If you want to have fruit Make a smoothie at night at about 7 or 8 with natural yoghurt. If your stomach flares up you won't be worrying because you have the whole night to clear your stomach lol
    And please enjoy your life. Don't be afraid to tell your closest friends, trying to hide it makes your stomach worse because you get anxious- just stop.
    Avoid cabbage, sprouts, onions, chives and mushrooms to see if any of them are causing reactions..
    The minute you feel constipated blare the music in your kitchen and jump around dancing, walking and moving. Lay off bananas for a day or two.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    My favorite snacks are raw veggies dipped in hummus or a dip made with while grain mustard and lemon juice (50/50).

I also like to take a large lettuce leaf and wrap it around a slice of lunch meat (can add other shredded veggies or more letuce too) and dip it in light mayo thinned out with water (I add approx 2 tablespoons water to 1 tablespoon light mayo....whisk together with a fork and add lots of black pepper).