Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any crossfit lovers in here?

Hello everyone! How long have you been training crossfit? How often do you train? I can't live without it now!

Replies

• AllanRutledge
    AllanRutledge Posts: 1 Member
    I have been training CrossFit for 2.5 years now and train approximately 4-5 time per week. It's really hard to imagine training any other way now!
  • oliwia_00
    oliwia_00 Posts: 10 Member
    I've started just 2 months ago. But it's the best way of training I've experienced! And I've tried a lot of sports
  • saynotocardio
    saynotocardio Posts: 30 Member
    Training for 9 months now. Best results ever. Lost 5 inches in my waist 23 pounds and not to mention all of the gains!
  • oliwia_00
    true, results are amazing! I haven't lost as much pound as you yet, but I lost lots of inches in my waist and thighs :) and I haven't lost that much weight couse I'm turning my fat into muscles now, but I absolutely see the results
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    oliwia_00 wrote: »
    true, results are amazing! I haven't lost as much pound as you yet, but I lost lots of inches in my waist and thighs :) and I haven't lost that much weight couse I'm turning my fat into muscles now, but I absolutely see the results

Fat doesn't turn into muscles
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Hello everyone! How long have you been training crossfit? How often do you train? I can't live without it now!

I'm sure you could
  • oliwia_00

Fat doesn't turn into muscles

well it does. Not literally of course. But if you're working really hard, you burn a lot of fat and replace it with muscles. If you work out, not just keep the diet
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    You have to eat at a surplus and strength training using progressive overload to gain muscle. Also body recomp (losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time) is very very slow. A woman who eats perfectly with a surplus, lifts heavy and works hard might gain half a pound of muscle in a month.
  • AJ_G
    You have to eat at a surplus and strength training using progressive overload to gain muscle. Also body recomp (losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time) is very very slow. A woman who eats perfectly with a surplus, lifts heavy and works hard might gain half a pound of muscle in a month.

Not to mention that you're not going to gain any appreciable amount of muscle doing crossfit for two months eating at maintenance. It's just not going to happen.
  • oliwia_00
    okay, but I've seen my body composition tests and I'm really happy with the changes. The percantage of fat is decreasing and of muscles is growing. Besides I can see the changes in my body, strength and health and I'm really really satisfied ;)
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    I've recently integrated crossfit into my program along side my cycling and rowing. It's definitely helping.
  • AJ_G
    edited December 2015
    okay, but I've seen my body composition tests and I'm really happy with the changes. The percantage of fat is decreasing and of muscles is growing. Besides I can see the changes in my body, strength and health and I'm really really satisfied ;)

Unless you used a dexa scan, bod pod, or a hydrostatic test, then any changes you've seen in body composition are within the margin of error for the accuracies of the other tests (calipers, measurements, bioelectrical impedance, etc.)
  • marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm finding Crossfit very fun and rewarding - challenging and easy to see how you progress over time with performance on benchmarks and lift PRs. There is a Crossfit Love group on MFP that you can join!
  • CathReese33
    CathReese33 Posts: 112 Member
    I have recently started. do 3 sessions a week and am on wk 5. I have already noticed a difference in my strength and endurance. I love it more than most other exercise because it is so varied. No chance for me to get bored, or put in 1/2 effort. Its full on and amazing. Not lost any weight or inches yet, but not eating at a deficit - working on it though!
  • taterfit
    taterfit Posts: 75 Member
    I started crossfit about 5 months ago and love it. Great community and excellent workouts. Gaining muscle and also losing some fat while doing crossfit has definitely been a bonus.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    As long as you are happy and seeing results, don't bother with those trying to nit pick & bring u down.

As for me, I average maybe 2 crossfit classes a week. I really enjoy it, but I could never use it as my only method of training. It has certainly helped me in a lot of ways with conditioning and appearance.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Just started back last month. Crossfit is the only program that I have stuck with and have seen great results. I tried to trick myself into joining a regular gym (more cost effective) and DVD's at home (Insanity & BodyShred). I didn't stick with either of them because I got bored very quickly. I love the sense of personal training and community as well as the varied program.
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I thought about it but all the cross gyms here are soooooooooooo expensive. I mean come on.... now I pay $20/m for my 24h gym. The cheapest crossfit gym I could find is $130/m it just doesnt make sense.

This is why I didn't join despite being interested. While it looks fun you can get just as great results if you pick programs that work towards your goals. I do SL5X5, lost 40lb and over doubled my strength and a few of my muscles have some nice definition all in the last 7 months.

The important thing with training is finding an effective program that you'll stick with. If it's crossfit, then good, if its something else, then also good.
  • katrn05
    katrn05 Posts: 20 Member
    Just started back after a year and a half off. I wasn't injured, just having personal issues and the jerk off I was seeing at the time was discouraging me from it because him being in the army made him think he had superior fitness expertise. I really missed the lifts.
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,415 Member
    Giving this another shot at 6am this morning. I'm already hating it, to be honest. I'm probably just gonna say F it by the time 5am rolls around and go back to sleep for another 3 hours. It's free though, which is why I wanna give this another try.