If you could give just one tip on how to lose weight...

Options

Replies

• sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Eat for your body.......not tongue!
  • jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Measure yourself. Seeing the progress is VERY motivating!!!!
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I recommend free writing. It doesn't have to happen every day or even every week, but take ten minutes to start writing in a journal or on your laptop about how you're feeling, if you had a tough week, if you've been sleeping less, feel happier, fitter, frustrated. Sometimes its hard to recognize what we're thinking until we see it on paper, it's helped me realize "oh no! i'm tired and frustrated, I should go nap it out before I eat it up!"
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    CICO - caloric deficit and enjoy whatever type of exercise you choose to do.
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    A plateau is not a ceiling to stop you, it is a floor to help launch you to the next level of weight loss.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Be reasonable in your expecations as far as the speed at which you'll lose weight.

• Whydontutellit2callubilly
    Options
    I would say that you would have to stay consistently active. What do I mean? Pick up a rigorous sport that you love, anything, at all, but you have to be active almost daily. It has to be a part of you life. Actually I think that is the key determinant. You physical workout cant be a workout. It has to be a way of life. You cant just change your weight you have to change your mind, how you think about yourself. My wife started playing soccer in her mid 20's and along with this program http://cort.as/a29r shed 50 pounds over the course of a few months. Its definately possible, but she had to eat breath and sleep and live as an active person. Good Luck!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Don't quit. Seriously. Literally everything else can be figured out along the way.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    KISS. It really is simple.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    Don't listen to 90% of the advice u get

I'm going to assume you mean outside of this thread :wink:
  • Mermaidtraci
    Mermaidtraci Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    More vegetables! Trust.
  • pislari_poljnamd
    pislari_poljnamd Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Scale. Green tea. Coffe.
    Once a month get "hammered " ha! ;)
  • teamvic
    teamvic Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Scale. Green tea. Coffe.
    Once a month get "hammered " ha! ;)

Got to agree with that tip!
  • silico
    silico Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Replace one food item a day, once a week or two, with another that is less calories.

Example: BLT > ham and cheese > just ham > chicken wrap > chicken pieces + bread roll > chicken pieces + fruit salad.

That's 500 to 270, an improvement of 230 for one item at lunch!

That's my secret.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    keep an open mind to new ideas - be willing to learn

This. The more you understand, the less the obstacles.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Intermittant Fasting. You can eat tell your full (stuffed even) every day and still loose weight.

This is a big one for me too. I found eating on a 16:8 schedule helps me feel more satisfied at each meal. Though after a few days of eating all day long, I find my stomach is needing to readjust. I definitely was just about deliriously hungry by my usual start time of noon today.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Eat for your body.......not tongue!

Nope - find a way to eat for both.
  • Nya333
    Nya333 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Patience.
  • nise82
    nise82 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    No drinking alcohol
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Be completely honest with yourself. About how much you eat. About meeting your nutritional goals (macros, micronutrient, fiber, salt etc). About how much you move. About how much your willing to move, and capable of moving. That number on the scale, the size of your pants, that's your body being honest with you. Return the favor.