fitness mens physique contest..

Options
I would love to enter a competition in the men's physique one day. Has anyone ever entered a competition like this, and do you have a nutritionist/prep coach? I wouldn't know where to start to compete ha

Replies

• Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Awesome goal!!!!

Have you been to any shows yet? If not go see some shows from the different federations... OCB, NPC etc so you can see the standards you'll be up against.

Many people do compete without a prep coach and doing very well. Deciding whether to hire a prep coach or go it alone depends on you and whether you feel you are knowledgeable enough and disciplined enough to go it alone. If you do decided to hire a prep coach then do a lot of research on candidates. Ask lots of questions... have they competed, how many competitors have they put on stage, what sort of diet protocols do they follow, what sort of exit strategy do they give their clients once they step off stage, what's included in their services. If possible talk to some of their current clients. There are a lot of amazing coaches out there, but like anything there's a ton of Dbags just wanting the money who don't have a clue what they're doing. If you can't find a coach in your area then don't be afraid to research coaches who work with their clients online (I've always worked online with my coaches)

Then pick your show and get to work! Good luck :)
  • FireYankee
    FireYankee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would love to enter a competition in the men's physique one day. Has anyone ever entered a competition like this, and do you have a nutritionist/prep coach? I wouldn't know where to start to compete ha

I have competed in the INBF (Natural/drug tested organization) and I have my first NPC show in March, currently 107 days out and doing a 16 week prep. You don't really NEED a coach to compete. Unless you are getting ready for a National show or you're an IFBB pro going for a pro show.