5'8" with 20 pounds to lose

Options
Hi MFPers,

This site is amazing. I've been reading success stories for hours and it's so inspiring to see normal people going after their goals and reaching them. Even makes me think that hitting 140 (and dare I say 130s!) is possible. I'm 26 years old, 5'8'' and looking to lose about twenty pounds. I am tough on myself and tend to need more support than I ask for...so here is my proposition to anyone like me out there:

If you have similar goals, I'd love to inspire you and let you inspire me along the way. Let's keep each accountable and invested our goals!

Thanks.

MM

Replies

• Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Same here, 5' 8" with 20+ lbs to lose :-O. Motivation, coming your way!
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I was in that exact same spot a few months ago! I'm 5'8" and I've lost 24 pounds to date - putting me at 144 pounds. And I'm starting to think the 130s are possible! Good luck on your journey girl!
  • AshCarlson
    AshCarlson Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! 5'8" here and I would LOVE to lose 20 lbs, but I'd be content with 15. This site is amazing!!!! Let's keep each other motivated :smile:

I'm only currently down 6 lbs after 4 months, but I am finally starting to see results!!
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    I'm right there w you! I'm 5'10 and started out at 159 and my CW is 151! My GW is 140...though 130's would be ohhh so lovely!!! :bigsmile:
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    5'7" currently at 160 looking to see 145 or 140... I've been stuck here for a while and need some umph and totally willing to return the favor!!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be down another 20 lbs!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    FYI, I'm not sure what you chose as your weekly weight loss goal, but with only 20 lbs to go your goal should be to lose no more than 1 lb/week, once you get to your last 10-15, that should change to 0.5/week. This will help ensure the weight you lose is mostly from fat, instead of muscle.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it!!! I just posted my success story today. I've lost 30 pounds and I'm 5'2". Just remember that the weight will not come off overnight and that it may take a year or more to reach your goal... but that time will not matter when you look back to see how far you've come since starting. Take a look at my success story and hopefully it will inspire you!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/263293-before-after-25-years-and-30-lbs-later-w-pics

Never give up!!! :)
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    5'8 here, started out with 20+ to lose and am ALMOST at the 20 pounds lost mark! (It's teasing me...on purpose... grumble, grumble, grumble...) It can be done!
  • ashleigh2311
    ashleigh2311 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey ! im 5"9 and have another 20 lbs to go.

ive been on here about a month or so, but totally addicted to this place!

whether you are having a good, bad or confusing day, everyone is so supportive.

feel free to add me and i am happy to support you in any way i can :) x
  • skinnyrache
    skinnyrache Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am a little shorter, but I am also just getting started on losing about 15 pounds! MFP is proving to be very helpful as I evaluate my diet and it keeps me SO much more motivated, so you are on the right track! Feel free to add me and we can help keep each other moving forward!
  • macymovin
    macymovin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know. I'd love for it to melt off overnight, but I know it's the sweat and healthy eating that will allow it to "creep off" like I swear it "crept on". So this may be a five month journey at the very least...in that case, I'm already looking forward to the holidays!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know. I'd love for it to melt off overnight, but I know it's the sweat and healthy eating that will allow it to "creep off" like I swear it "creeped on". So this may be a five month journey at the very least...in that case, I'm already looking forward to the holidays!

That's a great attitude!!!
  • srsvols
    srsvols Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm right there with you! Just started MFP a few weeks ago and always love getting on here during the day and being inspired by so many wonderful success stories! My goal weight is 140! I am currently at 157 after officially starting at 159.7 two weeks ago. I swear mine "creeped on" too, just over the last year. I look at pictures just from last summer and feel so guilty for allowing myself to gain those 10-15 lbs in just one year. But I think MFP and all the wonderful people on here will make such a huge difference as I work my butt off to get back into ALL of my clothes!
  • misschoy
    misschoy Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and looking to lose 20lbs too. Although, my starting weight was a bit higher than some of you ladies. Please add me, I am always looking for new friends with the same goals.