Would an iced cappuccino and iced coffee in the same day make me gain weight ?

It's in my calorie range but I'm overthinking it I haven't had and iced cappuccino in a long time but I'm worried I won't look good for the holidays. I've talked to someone about my issues with food but I'm hopeless

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Only if it makes you go over your maintenance calories.
  • badwolf4
    badwolf4 Posts: 49 Member
    Honey, I really think you need to speak to someone professional about this obsession. If you're stressing this much over the calories in a single iced drink you're not thinking about it rationally anymore. Please seek help <3 Feel free to message me if you need to talk more about how to go about doing this.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Is this worry that you will gain weight if you eat within your calorie range consistent? If so, I second the advice that you speak to a professional.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    no particular food or beverage will make you gain weight...that's not how it works.

your body is a machine and like any machine, it requires energy to perform. a calorie is that unit of energy. when you eat at an energy level that is commensurate with what your body needs to maintain the status quot and function optimally, you maintain weight. when you consume energy at a level that exceeds your needs, that surplus of energy is stored for later use in your backup generator (fat stores). when you consume energy at a level that is less than what your body requires, your backup generator kicks on to make up the difference (you burn fat for energy).

it has nothing to do with whether or not you eat or drink this, that, or the other.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Same answer as to your many other similar questions - you need to seek treatment for your eating disorder.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    edited December 2015
    Seek specialized professional medical help.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    whaaaaat?
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Who did you speak to and can you speak to someone else? Because they obviously didn't help you. I don't wish to be rude but your posts are very alarming and you don't seem to be taking any of the help on board.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Whaaat??
    - You do have issues but you are not hopeless. The person with whom you consulted did not help or it was just not enough. I have been in therapy for years and it's just now paying off.
    - Alternatively, your post seems rather immature for a 19 yr old woman and attention-seeking. "Wanting to look good for the holidays" is pretty superficial, especially when you are just thinking about a cappuccino that works in your calorie count. I hope this is not the case and my poor interpretation.
    - If you really want ADVICE (and are not just venting a panicked thought), then just count your calories in a safe manner.
    - I hope you take all the above bits of advice to heart.
  • brianpperkins
    This OP has a tendency of starting threads like this which are filled with indicators of disordered behaviors ... including some where she concedes a disorder ... that all include people recommending that she seek professional help. Rather than engage and participate in the threads she starts, she simply moves on to her next eerily similar topic.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    @brianpperkins you're right it seems to be just attention-seeking. We're due another post around now, I think
  • brianpperkins
    Her last thread was only a couple days ago.
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    It's in my calorie range but I'm overthinking it I haven't had and iced cappuccino in a long time but I'm worried I won't look good for the holidays. I've talked to someone about my issues with food but I'm hopeless

Please develop a relationship with a psychiatrist or psychologist with a specialty in eating disorders. This is at least the 4th thread in which you have asked a variation of the same question: I have oodles of calories left for the day, but I am worried that a particular kind of food will magically explode into pounds and I will look ugly for the holidays. That is a slight exaggeration, but not much. Asking the question once might be a true misunderstanding of the fundamentals of metabolism. Asking it repeatedly, receiving essentially the same answer from everyone who responds, and then asking it again a couple of days later with the same kind of desperation as the first time indicates that something is going on that is far beyond anything people on a fitness board can help you sort out.

In terms of adding pounds, or providing the fuel for your body, calories are essentially calories. You can spend them on whatever you want to spend them on.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member

You talked to someone but was that someone a psychologist/therapist/counselor? Or just a friend? And attending one or two sessions isn't going to magically cure you. It's a long road with a lot of hard work.
  • MSH2930
    MSH2930 Posts: 161 Member
    Keep trying until you find someone to talk to that you understand and makes sense to you in a helpful healthful way. I am looking for a pcp that I can get on the same wavelength, so I know it can be frustrating. It sounds like you need a good nutritionist or other professional to help you out, if you feel you are having issues..Good luck!!