Thoughts on cheese?

Options

Replies

• pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I usually make my own, so I know what's in it.

you make your own cheese?!
    How do you make your own cheese? One thing to watch is the sodium, some cheese has alot of it.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow Cheese wedges and
    Mini bel Gouda Light.

You need to get your calcium just don't overdo it. :bigsmile:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Cheese! Yes please! I do cheese in moderation. For example, shredded cheese says 1/4 cup is a serving, I use about a tablespoon. I literally take an 8 ounce chunk of cheese and cut it into 8 single 1 ounce servings and then eat that one ounce in tiny bites accompanied by one wasa crispbread cracker. it's totally do able. I would die without cheese.
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!! Go cheese! Thanks ya'll :)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I think its a good thing i really cant stand any kind of cheese :) But, like anyone says, you really shouldn't deny yourself anything you want, just make sure you keep within your calorie/fat etc budget. I find that if i deny myself something, i end up really craving it. If i know i CAN have it if i really want it, i find.....i dont really want it that much anymore.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    a littel bit is good for you its even been proven . but a littel to much can make you look like a 300 pound sumo wrestler that been proven to.
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My dad lived on a farm growing up, and he taught me his cheese-making ways. ;) It takes a while, though. Also its a pain trying to log it here, so I usually just estimate with generic brands...

*edit*
    It really is much better, though. There can be so many pesticides and residues from pesticides in cows milk that dairy companies use...Even low fat cheese isn't that great---the stuff they can put into it that makes it low fat is not always good. Cecrawfo, you should look into finding a local farmer that raises his dairy cows organically--then buy milk from him and you can make your own cheese from it.l Just be SURE it's organic. It's more expensive but seriously worth it.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    My main concern with cheese is the sodium content in most of it. Ew. =)
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese all the time! regular and low fat! what concerns me more is the salt in the cheese
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    light/low-fat cheese is the shizz!
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'd rather DIP cheese in ranch! kater8er, why pick one?!!

NOW you are talking!! :love:
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    I used to love to eat cheese. It was one of my favorite things. So much so, in fact, that I couldn't control my serving sizes.
    So I just cut it out completely :( Still getting used to this.
    I don't have a lactose intolerance (or so I thought) but when I stopped eating it, my digestion was a lot better.

Who knows? I guess it has to be a personal choice.
  • Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love cheese!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Cheese is awesome. I love it.
  • DeBlue
    DeBlue Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If you believe the writers of "skinny b*tch" there is a substance in cheese that is addictive. It is also the agent that helps cheese melt so nicely. They recommend the harder, real cheese varieties when you just gotta have it.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Also the thought of eating all those Cheese mites really puts me off ever trying cheese again tbh....
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Fat and calories from cheese adds up QUICK! Trouble is, cheese in good on almost EVERYTHING! Just try lower fat cheeses and weigh / measure.
  • fenix1976
    fenix1976 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    a littel bit is good for you its even been proven . but a littel to much can make you look like a 300 pound sumo wrestler that been proven to.

lol to funny :-P
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Also the thought of eating all those Cheese mites really puts me off ever trying cheese again tbh....

OMG! I did not know there was such a thing as cheese mites. I GOOGLED it after seeing your reply! AAAAAGGGGHHHHH! Nooooooo! That is soooooo grooooooooossssss! I think you just killed cheese for me. :sick:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Just budget it like anything else.