Insanity Anyone?!

Options

Replies

• Twincle1970
    Twincle1970 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    joshblom42 wrote: »
    I'm starting Monday let's have a friendly competition!! Anyone else starting too?

Starting today!!

Good luck and keep pressing play :)
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Cardio recovery week for me! Then into month two! Have only ever completed both months once out of the three years I have owned this set. But I love insanity, I have a Cuban vacay coming up in feb, and I am feeling awesome about the workouts lately! Keep it up everyone!!
  • Twincle1970
    Options
    Max cardio conditioning is officially my favourite Insanity workout !! I think it is the constant variety I found pleasing, apart from the warm up there was not much repetition. I cant believe I'm looking forward to doing that again :D
  • mellowadam
    mellowadam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm doing T25 right now. I would like to do Insanity after I finish this program. I'm told Insanity is very difficult. I have a couple of questions. Did you guys follow the Beach Body nutrition guide? My booklet recommended 1600 cals! I would be starving if I tried to eat that few calories. MFP has me at 2400 cals to lose half a pound per week. Second question. Have you guys been able to gain mass or maintain your lean muscle mass with Insanity?

Thanks! Good luck everyone!
  • lamartinjackson
    lamartinjackson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on day two- just completed Cardio Power & Resistance. Completed the program two years ago and hoping to get back in shape now. I followed the nutritional plan back then and that's when I began losing weight. My goal at that time was to get lean. Good luck! Dig deep!
  • youngmomtaz
    Options
    Day 2 month 2 complete. Sore today and up 3lbs. I am assuming muscle repair water weight. These workouts are long! Hopefully I don't feel so trashed after them soon and can add in some lifting again.
  • Twincle1970
    Options
    mellowadam wrote: »
    I'm told Insanity is very difficult
    Not difficult, just hard work and big effort :wink:
    Did you guys follow the Beach Body nutrition guide? My booklet recommended 1600 cals! I would be starving if I tried to eat that few calories. MFP has me at 2400 cals to lose half a pound per week.
    I don't, I allow a max 2500 per day as per insanity guide, but don't log the exercise on MFP, plus I only hit about 2000 per day
    Second question. Have you guys been able to gain mass or maintain your lean muscle mass with Insanity?
    Still working on it :)

• mellowadam
    mellowadam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Twincle45 wrote: »
    I'm told Insanity is very difficult
    Not difficult, just hard work and big effort :wink:
    Did you guys follow the Beach Body nutrition guide? My booklet recommended 1600 cals! I would be starving if I tried to eat that few calories. MFP has me at 2400 cals to lose half a pound per week.
    I don't, I allow a max 2500 per day as per insanity guide, but don't log the exercise on MFP, plus I only hit about 2000 per day
    Second question. Have you guys been able to gain mass or maintain your lean muscle mass with Insanity?
    Still working on it :)

Thanks for the response
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    How long did it take until everyone saw some change in their body (inches loss or weight loss)? I'm trying to stick to it (on day 13 now), but have yet to see inches gone and the scale has gone up not down.

I'm always knackered and sweating a lot after the exercises - although no longer feeling muscle pain the next day like I used to.
  • youngmomtaz
    Options
    Two weeks is still pretty fresh. You are probably holding on to water weight for muscle repair. Also, are you following The guide for calorie intake??

The first time I completed insanity I ate like I had always eaten. Because I was burnin so many calories I could. In my mind anyway. This round I am eating appropriately and losing. Inches are hard to measure as the set points I usually measure at have not seemed to lose much but I have some clothes hanging off of me. My rib cage has lost, my upper arms, and my mid thigh area. So hopefully the rest soon!

Keep up the hard work, make sure your calories are dialed in and you are weighing food, and you will see it!
  • pandabear_
    Options
    Thanks, I am not following the guide - I'm sticking with the MFP recommended 1240, but end up eating around 1500 after the exercise. I am eating what I normally eat (I've cut down out sweets and sodas, eating a lot of vegetables) - I imagine I need to weigh food a lot more than I do. I tend to weigh breakfast and lunch, but things like dinner can be difficult when it's lots of ingredients and not really a set portion, so I tend to overestimate food in the MFP diary.

But it's good to hear there's the chance that in the later month I might see some change. I've noticed my strength is a lot better.
  • Twincle1970
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Two weeks is still pretty fresh. You are probably holding on to water weight for muscle repair. Also, are you following The guide for calorie intake??

Keep up the hard work, make sure your calories are dialed in and you are weighing food, and you will see it!

^^ agreed.
    I had a big drop 1st week, same 2nd, up 3rd and down on the 4th & 5th, on the beachbody website is a video interview of SeanT who explains that this is very common. I like the theory that you body plateaus at about week 3/4 so that's what recovery week is for to confuse it and then up the exercise, stick to your calorie intake and it will come off. It was about 3 weeks in that I started to notice my trousers getting loose and week 7 before I felt a little more comfortable doing the exercises. Don't get me wrong, at the end I'm exhausted and sweating like I have not done in years but feel so much better for it :)
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Insanity Max 30. I'm in month 2 and have lost 13 lbs so far!
  • Twincle1970
    Options
    ingfit wrote: »

Have you done Insanity? or is this your 1st one? Iask as I was wondering how much the 2 differ

• joshblom42
    joshblom42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started this thread and have actually stopped only because i live on the top floor apartment and dont want to do it outisde. Maybe i can pick it up again the lady below me says she doesnt care. I hope i can start it again soon! How do you all stay motivated?
  • ingfit
    Options
    Twincle45 wrote: »
    ingfit wrote: »

Have you done Insanity? or is this your 1st one? Iask as I was wondering how much the 2 differ

I've done both. The first Insanity was similar to this new version. But the workouts in IM30 are only 30 mins long for all 60 days. Insanity is anywhere from 37 mins to 60 mins between month one and two. I really like the original Insanity, but didn't have more energy then 30 mins most days.
  • ingfit
    Options
    joshblom42 wrote: »
    I started this thread and have actually stopped only because i live on the top floor apartment and dont want to do it outisde. Maybe i can pick it up again the lady below me says she doesnt care. I hope i can start it again soon! How do you all stay motivated?

I join a support group that does all things Insanity! I started a FB blog page to keep myself accountable. I post food, motivation, workouts with pic collage or videos.
  • youngmomtaz
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Motivated?! The results I am getting by sticking to the whole program(including calorie reccomenda toons) are amazing! That is great motivation for me! So far I am in the end of week 1 month 2, and I am down 13lbs, and 2 inches each off my bust, waist, and hips. I have had the program over 3 years. This is the second time I have ever completed it. Started lots though. And never before have I eaten like this. Usually I either ate too little and then got way burned out and so sore and tired, or have just eaten whatever I wanted and got frustrated with not seeing visible results. Get a at it, keep it up, I look at results pics online for further motivation! I may post my before and afters. Will see what I decide.
  • joshblom42
    joshblom42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh don't you guys worry I am still working out just not insanity. I have lost 6.5 lbs in a month and I was slacking the first half I need to just fit in when I can. Results pics are always super motivating! Especially my own from 3 years ago when I finished this program with my father. That's some awesome results the insanity meal plan and works work together so great! Your seeing some serious results youngmomtaz no wonder it's not too hard to stay motivated! You've convinced me I'll get back on the wagon tomorrow!
  • pandabear_
    Options
    What is the meal plan? I've just been doing the exercises and then logging calories on my fitness pal.