Gave up Coffee

<3<3 Hello there ,
I've been drinking coffee since I was 16 ( now 26) and took it all different ways, I was ordering a lot of Caramel Lattes with almond milk from DD or drinking coffee at work we have a Keurig and all different types of flavored creamers so its very tempting. Today is day 5 no coffee and I'm finding it easier to control my cravings, I am a lot less impulsive and in control. My mind is at peace and I have extra calories for food ! What are your experiences with/ without coffee

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    I drink my coffee with low calorie creamer and splenda because life without coffee is very sad :(
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    I gave it up b/c I am pregnant but really crave a cup every now and then. I was a three cup a day drinker and the more flavorful the better :) I found that weaning myself off of it over a couple of weeks made sense. I went from three to one cup a day and then was off it for good. I know I'll drink it again once baby comes but for now I'm feeling great ...I wake up every morning and drink a glass of ice water. that seems to get me going too
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2015
    I prefer coffee black. I give it up from time to time, but mostly prefer not to. I love it and it certainly doesn't cause cravings.

You just reminded me that I should go get a cup.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Black coffee itself has few calories, there's no reason you can't use lower calorie options and still enjoy your hot java. And yes, life without coffee would be sad indeed. I use just regular milk and no sweetener. Sometimes I'll add a tbsp of Hershey's baking powder and splenda.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I love coffee. I'll drink it black or with a packet of Splenda, so it doesn't have hardly any calories. As long as I keep it under 4 cups a day, it doesn't really cause any problems for me. More than that and I get a bit jittery.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I can't imagine giving up my coffee. Quarter cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a tablespoon of hazelnut creamer...57 calories.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    I drink coffee black. good coffee is good black
    on big exercise days, usually saturday, I'll get fancy coffee
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    I drink several cups of coffee every day, each with two packets of Splenda and two tablespoons of half and half, for about 50 calories total per cup. It's very well worth it to me. Those 50 calories take a long time to consume, satisfy the hand-to-mouth urge, and satisfy my appetite a LOT more than 50 calories of food would.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,097 Member
    I drink my coffee black no sweeteners. No calories to speak of, and I find I get to enjoy the actual flavor of the various different types and roasts of coffee I drink. At first I missed the sugar and cream, now when I have a very infrequent day where I add sugar and cream, I find I don't like it like I used to. I much prefer straight black.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    I like it black. There really are differences in flavors of coffee beans so quality counts.

I can't drink it sweetened at all anymore. I always feel like the sugar and cream coats my mouth.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I've always disliked sweetened coffee, but I had the same experience (years ago, not related to losing weight) when I cut out the milk. On rare occasion I'll enjoy coffee with milk, but I mostly prefer it without now, and it is partially that it feels too thick or diluted with the milk.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    I could never end my relationship with coffee
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I cut way back on the lowfat half and half I had been using, and if push came to shove, I could eliminate it entirely. I've gone without it before when I had a day when I had some dietary restrictions for medical reasons. I add liquid sucralose, but that doesn't add any calories.

I couldn't live without my coffee, though.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    I'm totally happy with my coffee habit, and plan to keep it. I measure my additions and track it, there's always room for coffee! It's always been an Unsweetened beverage for me, so I add milk or cream but that's it. I loooooooooove coffee and you can try to pry it from my cold dead hands but I won't let it go. If I could have an IV drip all night and still want the warm belly full of coffee in the morning.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    I went from 5 red bulls a day to 5 cups of coffee (Black) and will never quit
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    I love coffee from cafes but found when I brew coffee at home I load it up with too much sugar and creamer. So I started replacing coffee with tea while at home since I enjoy the taste of tea plain. When at work or at a cafe I allow myself to indulge in whatever I'm in the mood for. Sometimes it will be a soy cappuccino, sometimes a vanilla latte.

I've been drinking coffee and tea since I was a kid and don't notice any energy changes with regular consumption. The only issue for me was the calories.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    I have 2 cups every morning with 1/2 and 1/2. Maybe another 2 in the afternoon at work.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    I actually didn't start drinking coffee until I had my second child. Now that I have three kids, there is no way I'm giving up coffee...it's for my own sanity.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    I sip my girlfriends coffee every now and then :3
    If I reaaally need caffeine then I'll have a cup of black tea.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    I drink 1 C coffee, 1 C chocolate or almond Teeccino, 10 grams of coconut oil, 23 g protein powder, 1/2 T chia seeds. Great snack - keeps me full for hours. I like taking it to the gym.