So hungry and grumpy!!!

Options
This week has been a really tough one! I am just hungry all the time and it's making me soooo grumpy! I just don't feel like me at all this week.
Anyone else get times like this?

Replies

• jenathp
    jenathp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I only get that way when I'm not eating enough ... how many calories do you eat in a day?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you over restricting? You only have one pound to go.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Yep, when I don't eat enough or when I'm not eating the "right stuff" (the foods that make me feel full), I can get hungry and grumpy. Which foods/macronutrients promote satiety for you? Are you eating enough of them?
  • Craft_queen
    Craft_queen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories which is what was suggested for me - I am a shorty and close to my goal weight.
    I think it all started because I had my first day in about 3 weeks of eating over 1200 (by a lot but it was expected and well worth it!) and since then I've been super hungry. Maybe that is a sign I should be eating more but I've been doing perfectly fine the past 3 weeks and haven't been hungry at all until this week.
  • Craft_queen
    Options
    Yep, when I don't eat enough or when I'm not eating the "right stuff" (the foods that make me feel full), I can get hungry and grumpy. Which foods/macronutrients promote satiety for you? Are you eating enough of them?

I'm not eating any differently to how I was in the 3 weeks previous when I was feeling fine but I have definitely had more of a sweet tooth this week.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories which is what was suggested for me - I am a shorty and close to my goal weight.
    I think it all started because I had my first day in about 3 weeks of eating over 1200 (by a lot but it was expected and well worth it!) and since then I've been super hungry. Maybe that is a sign I should be eating more but I've been doing perfectly fine the past 3 weeks and haven't been hungry at all until this week.

Are you eating any of your exercise calories back? That is if you're exercising.
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It's not the TOM is it? My appetite is ridiculous then! Nothing seems to solve it for me and it lasts a few days... eugh
  • Craft_queen
    Options
    Zoggo1991 wrote: »
    It's not the TOM is it? My appetite is ridiculous then! Nothing seems to solve it for me and it lasts a few days... eugh

Aha!! I think you may be onto something! How do you deal with it?
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

Im dealing with tons of life/work stress and my TOM is due any day now, so for right now I'm maintaining. I set every goal down and am just going to try not to gain. I want to keep logging and weighing but not spend energy I don't have on restrictions. I'm sure I won't even be hungry enough for my maintenance because it's so high (seriously like almost 2500), but that's what I'm going to do to save some sanity but not give up completely.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Ya that sounds like pms to me. I get the same way.
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yep, if I'm hungry but can't eat due to being out of calories I turn into a grumpy sod.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options

When my appetite goes up because my period is approaching I switch to maintenance calories for a few days and just eat more of regular, satiating food. http://www.nutrition.org.uk/healthyliving/fuller/understanding-satiety-feeling-full-after-a-meal.html