Need to get back on track!!!!

Options
I started my life style change about 19 months ago and until now I did rather well. I managed to get from 112kg down to about 76.6. About two weeks ago we decided to have Christmas early due to issues of having time off together around actual Christmas. I decided to enjoy my time and go off calorie counting with the idea of going straight back after a week, this was a week ago and I am really struggling to find the motivation to get back to normal.I know I am over eating and how to lose weight but I am just after some encouragement.
Thanks in advance

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    When I did what you did, stopped logging, I gained all my weight plus some back in 5 months. Then it took me another year to start over. So, I'd highly encourage you to start logging again before you set yourself back further. You'll be really glad you did, in s few weeks
  • hannahepps9
    hannahepps9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! Except mine was from having a baby. Before I got pregnant I had lost almost 40 pounds. Now I went from 145 prepregnancy to 185 post pregnancy. I can't find any motivation. I agree with fiddletime, start logging for a while and you will be more aware of what you're eating. Then make changes. You can do this :) you did it once and you know you got this!
  • nurselroy
    nurselroy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    fiddletime wrote: »
    When I did what you did, stopped logging, I gained all my weight plus some back in 5 months. Then it took me another year to start over. So, I'd highly encourage you to start logging again before you set yourself back further. You'll be really glad you did, in s few weeks

I'm struggling right now too after months of doing good, but you are so right fiddletime! I've been down this road before but this time in getting back on track before I go too far off the path.
  • Plammi1988
    Plammi1988 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

That's exactly what I don't want. It took forever to get here and I already gained a few pounds. :(
    I started again today. Good luck with your journey.
  • Plammi1988
    Options
    [quoteps9;34801869"]I am in the same boat! Except mine was from having a baby. Before I got pregnant I had lost almost 40 pounds. Now I went from 145 prepregnancy to 185 post pregnancy. I can't find any motivation. I agree with fiddletime, start logging for a while and you will be more aware of what you're eating. Then make changes. You can do this :) you did it once and you know you got this! [/quote]

It's the same journey I had to go. Lost a lot of weight before getting pregnant and gained a lot whilst. Then had to start again at 112kg. You can do it. Just remember you are doing it for yourself as much as for your little one. The healthier you are the more fun you can have together.
  • Plammi1988
    Options
    nurselroy wrote: »

I'm struggling right now too after months of doing good, but you are so right fiddletime! I've been down this road before but this time in getting back on track before I go too far off the path.

Me too. We can do this.
  • Pomodori
    Pomodori Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Plammi1988 wrote: »
    I started my life style change about 19 months ago and until now I did rather well. I managed to get from 112kg down to about 76.6. About two weeks ago we decided to have Christmas early due to issues of having time off together around actual Christmas. I decided to enjoy my time and go off calorie counting with the idea of going straight back after a week, this was a week ago and I am really struggling to find the motivation to get back to normal.I know I am over eating and how to lose weight but I am just after some encouragement.
    Thanks in advance

Start today! :smiley:

Don't wait, you can do it, you've done it before.
    Remember why you started your journey and how good you already feel, you don't want to undo any of that :-3