Looking for some workout tips...

Options
During the spring/summer I was really into walking/jogging after work. Now that the time has changed it is dark when I get home and I am having a hard time getting a workout in. I don't have the space for any workout equipment, no budget for a gym membership, and no space to do a cardio workout around the house. Suggestions on what I can do?? I really don't want to be a sitting duck until spring.

Replies

• LeWahnderful
    LeWahnderful Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Maybe walk during your lunch break
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If you have a couple meters of space anywhere in your house you can do body-weight exercises.
    Plenty around online (and I'm sure in the My fitness pal forums)

Some examples;
    - squats
    - squat jumps
    - lunges
    - pushups
    - burpees
    - plank
    - sit-ups
    - crunches
    - hip thrusts

You can also google body weight exercises, they don't take much space to do.
    Just remember to be balanced :smile:
  • lwielgosz
    lwielgosz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Maybe walk during your lunch break

I don't get a lunch break. We eat while we work
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    If you have a couple meters of space anywhere in your house you can do body-weight exercises.
    Plenty around online (and I'm sure in the My fitness pal forums)

Some examples;
    - squats
    - squat jumps
    - lunges
    - pushups
    - burpees
    - plank
    - sit-ups
    - crunches
    - hip thrusts

You can also google body weight exercises, they don't take much space to do.
    Just remember to be balanced :smile:

I'll second this. I use a small amount of space to fit in a 20 minute circuit. 3 tmies push ups, lunges, planks, hip thusts, squats and sit ups. It burns a decent amount of calories and I always try to improve each time. I do this every orher day. I go to a gym three times a week as well so if I didn't do that I would probably do the circuit daily.