Want a round bottom

Options
Hi there!! Here is my dilemma....I am 5'1" and 110 lbs. I exercise and eat great (most days), but I can't get that round bottom I want. Mine isn't totally flat by any means, but I can build it out.
I recently downloaded an app Brazilian butts.... I do like it and it seems like it is working. I also know that genetics play a little role.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I saw a YouTube channel called Bikini Fitness Model or something and they had tons of butt workouts and some girl who really rounded her bum out. Not sure if its just genetics or really because of their exercise. Their bum and legs were amazing though!
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    You could also check out Strong Curves by Bret Contreras, known as The Glute Guy.
  • rbpresley95
    rbpresley95 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I will check that out! Thank you!
    I wish I was one of those people with the perfect round bottom, but I'm not. So, I will try and make it on my own. Lol
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Another suggestion for Strong Curves.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Another recommendation for the Strong Curves book.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Not familiar with Strong Curves but my guess is it recommends Squats, RDL's, Lunges, Split Squats, Hip Thrusts, etc.
  • rbpresley95
    rbpresley95 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am going to look for Strong Curves. :-) thanks!
    ryry62685 - I have been doing those exercises. Should I add weight?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Are you eating to support the gains you want? You won't see MUCH of a difference until you're in a surplus. I've been in once for 4 weeks and my hips are back up an inch and butt is a lot better. I've been doing dead lifts, back squats, front squats, leg curls, barbell hip thrusts, bulgarian split squats, barbell lunges, good mornings...Adding cable pull throughs as soon as I work up the courage.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    And yes. Strong Curves. Bret knows what he is talking about when it comes to booty
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Another recommendation for Strong curves
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Exactly what everyone else is saying, a good lower body workout routine and a caloric surplus so you can put on muscle in order to get size.
    Also, if the program involves lifting weights, make sure you are making the weights progressively heavier.
  • maddi_r95
    maddi_r95 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Leg press machine, weighted squats, weighted lunges, even stair master is really good for your booty
  • bacs
    bacs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5 did wonders for mine and it is extremely simple. I like Strong curves too but SL is just so easy I never ended up doing it.
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! Here is my dilemma....I am 5'1" and 110 lbs. I exercise and eat great (most days), but I can't get that round bottom I want. Mine isn't totally flat by any means, but I can build it out.
    I recently downloaded an app Brazilian butts.... I do like it and it seems like it is working. I also know that genetics play a little role.
    Any suggestions?

The shape is GENETIC! Some can get it others can't! I had a young girl come into our pub the other night and she had the best shaped butt I'd ever seen.....and she was over weight and you could tell by the leg muscles that she didn't lift! Aim for a strong toned butt, Mother Nature will control the rest! No amount of light weight little kick backs and butt lift exercises will give you a Brazilian Butt if it's not in your genetic make up but a nice firm toned butt you can get with strong lifts and lowering fat levels!