Not losing weight

Options
I do aerobics and walk I have taken off inches but my weight is not moving. I am 5 ft tall and very active

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing weight, you're not in a calorie deficit.

Losing weight is all about the calories. Eat less calories than you burn daily and you will lose weight.
  • ksgast
    ksgast Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks I am in for the long haul.☺️
  • ChristaNorris
    ChristaNorris Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    How many calories is MFP allowing you each day?
  • ksgast
    Options
  • ChristaNorris
    ChristaNorris Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Are you working out? If yes, are you eating any of those calories back?

1300 may not be enough for your body, so your body is holding on to the fat bc it's in starvation mode. Have you tried to up them a little to see what happens?
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    People in starvation mode get very skinny and die.
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options

1300 may not be enough for your body, so your body is holding on to the fat bc it's in starvation mode. Have you tried to up them a little to see what happens?

I agree, you are not eating enough. Try to add some extra protein and a glass of milk during the day.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If you are losing inches but the scale isn't moving then you are changing fat for muscle. That is a good thing. Keep adding muscle to your body and eventually you some weight. Muscle burns more calories than fat.
  • maximumcutie
    maximumcutie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Remember that muscle weights more than fat, but it's much smaller. The same weight in muscle versus fat is like a tennis ball versus a melon. The number on the scale isn't the only thing that matters. Inches are a big deal. Way to go!
  • ksgast
    Options
    I am not losing inches or weight but I am going to add that extra protein. Thanks I will let you know how it goes
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    If you're not losing weight, you're not in a calorie deficit.

Losing weight is all about the calories. Eat less calories than you burn daily and you will lose weight.

This^^^

It's is unlikely that you've gained muscle with some aerobics and walking. It takes a lot of work to add muscle (that being said, people who are new to working out can gain a bit of muscle initially). Chances are if you're not losing weight it's because you're eating more than you think you are. Also, if you've just started an exercise program than your muscles will hold on to some water initially. Make sure you're being very accurate with your calorie counting (weighing solid foods, not just using measuring cups). Calories in, calories out works, but you have to put the effort in to make sure it's accurate.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

This is not true. Your body doesn't hold on to fat from eating too little.

If OP isn't losing and is supposed to be in a deficit, then it's most likely an accuracy and/or logging issue. In this case I'd suggest purchasing a food scale and weighing your portions to make sure your numbers are all accurate. Once logging and accuracy is nailed down then OP can look at other causes.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Starvation mode, as you are describing, is a myth. If OP is not losing, she's not in a calorie deficit.

OP - how accurate is your logging? Are you weighing your food with a food scale? How long have you been at this?