Coffee Creamer Substitute???

Options
So, I am one of those coffee drinkers every AM. I can go without my coffee if I have to but I really enjoy at least a glass or two every AM. I have noticed though the liquid creamers are HIGH in calories especially if u want more than one glass of coffee. I was wondering if anyone knew of any sweetners that actually work without having to pour 6 packets of something it to sweeten it enough? I don't like my coffee super sweet but I don't really enjoy the "black" taste of coffee alone. I just cant see myself cutting out coffee or liking "black" coffee any ideas and suggtestions are appreciated.
Just seeing if there is anything that works for anyone?....I typically enjoy the hazelnut flavor!...Thanks!

Replies

• nrov5974
    nrov5974 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i switched to Stevia and Cocunut Milk creamer (they have a hazelnut flavor). I get this at my health food store..... love it!
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    they make flavored splenda now sometimes its hard to find but its yummy and no calories, like hazel nut and some other flavors they dont have many flavors out though. I also use the powder coffee mate the low cal ones they are like 30 calories for a tablespoon
  • ewhitis
    ewhitis Posts: 132
    Options
    I use coffeemate sugar free creamer. It's 15 calories per serving and available in hazelnut and french vanilla.:drinker:
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I was using chocolate almond milk, but it takes so much of it to actually have any effect on the taste of my coffee, that it added up to MORE calories than simply using 2 tbsp of fat free french vanilla creamer. If you just want a little sweetness, one or two packets of stevia works great, but for me I need my creamer, not just sweetener. So needless to say, I've gone back to my 2 tbsp of fat free creamer. I would LIKE to have more like 3-4 tbsp but I can get by with 2.
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Soy or coconut creamer- and I add a ton of cinnamon.
  • solskinnzombie
    solskinnzombie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i use almond milk. blue diamond almond milk (vanilla flavor) is 90 calories for a cup. so if you use a 1/4 cup, it is about 25 calories vs the 60 per tablespoon in creamers.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    i switched to Stevia and Cocunut Milk creamer (they have a hazelnut flavor). I get this at my health food store..... love it!

coconut milk creamer, now why didn't i think about that?!
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    bump...I wanna know too cause I'm a sucker for the french vanilla. I've got my coffee as dark as I can stand it to be now, and I'm even doing the fat free kind, but still, it's not the greatest.
  • JuniperT
    Options
    bump...I wanna know too cause I'm a sucker for the french vanilla. I've got my coffee as dark as I can stand it to be now, and I'm even doing the fat free kind, but still, it's not the greatest.
  • JuniperT
    Options
    sorry...I don't know why that posted twice.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I use 1.5 fl oz of 2% milk to an 8 oz cup of coffee. If I'm feeling in the mood for a sweeter coffee I add a tsp of xylitol or splenda.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Just gave up my coffee 4 days ago b/c I was literally drinking 350 calories of creamer a day (6 cups of coffee and 10 Tbs of creamer a day) so I'm interested to read these responses. I'm also one that has to have the creamer and the sweetness.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I love hazelnut too... they have sugar free hazelnut syrups which are usually 0 cals! Torani is good and so is Monin... you can buy them on amazon! Also (as said above) coconut creamer is NOMMMMM! lol

Hope you find a yummy substitute! :D
  • shannonkk
    shannonkk Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    i use unsweetened almond milk with 40 cals a cup, sugar free caramel syrup and coffee.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I use the Blue Diamond unsweetened vanilla almond milk (40 cals for a whole cup) and Stevia In the Raw sweetener (0 cals).
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options

the sugar free is less calories then the fat free =)
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I drink mine black and just add splenda
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    fat free half and half is AMAZING and i usually add a splash of sugar free Torani vanilla syrup.
  • carl_garcia
    carl_garcia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I tried all kinds of stuff and just couldnt get a hang of it. I resorted to just drinking my coffee (its my only guilty pleasure) just the way I like it. I think of it as my reward for the other good stuff Im doing :)
    I just account for the calories and pay the penalty at the gym. Somethings a guy just cant do without :laugh:
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    i use almond milk. blue diamond almond milk (vanilla flavor) is 90 calories for a cup. so if you use a 1/4 cup, it is about 25 calories vs the 60 per tablespoon in creamers.

Lite Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk is delicious.