Lost weight while working out at home? Anybody?

Options

Replies

• MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Stop1510 wrote: »
    @MalkinMagic71 The upright is probably more challenging, I am guessing but starting with a recumbant is better than not starting at all (I Hope). That was a great snag on the Nordictrack! My bike was under $ 200 as well, made by Exerpeutic, the reviews were good. I see much of your success had to do with restricting calories as well something I need to work on. Congratulations again and hope you continue on your downward slope of weight loss.

I think no matter what bike you get or what exercise you do.. as long as you do some it can only help. I certainly restricted calories as well, that is the main thing, but the exercise helps in that it makes me feel better, and gives me some breathing room on days I may want to eat more. It's all about balance. Thanks for the kind words!
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    http://www.walkathome.com/
    this program is awesome, really makes you sweat, and it's so easy to follow and it's low impact!
  • caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. I bought a recumbent bike in January 2014 and started using it in April lol. I literally started at 5 minutes a day and worked my way up to 20 mins. I started free weights about 2 months ago, and now do 2 high intensity 20 minute cardio sessions a day - one before work and one after work. Honestly though, what you earbud most important. Exercise is great for your heart and keeping your muscles and joints healthy, and weights will help build muscle which will burn calories but diet was the biggest thing for me. I'm down 79.7 lbs, was down 85 but regained a bit when I was off track. Find something you enjoy doing. I hear you on the cold. I live in northern Saskatchewan and it gets to -40s and -50s here.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    I don't like gyms. I have a treadmill and lost the majority of my weight walking on it while watching all 10 seasons of Supernatural on Netflix. :) I set a rule for myself that I could not watch it unless I was on my treadmill. Sam and Dean have a way of keeping me walking a lot.

I do the same thing - Netflix or YouTube (usually live music, there are a tonne of full-length gigs on there) on my iPad, with the iPad covering the treadmill display so I don't think about time or distance.
  • jojo8974
    jojo8974 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45 pounds with working out at home. Nutrition and weightloss is in the kitchen. Fitness is in your exercise, so don't let lack of gym membership be your excuse. Anyone can get healthy!
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I invested in a treadmill and some hand weights, adding kettle bells soon. I turned one of my bedrooms into my workout room.
  • karlis87
    karlis87 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I use the kettlebell kickboxing scorcher series videos and I love it. I lost all 45 pounds of baby weight by his first birthday by counting calories and doing that after my second baby.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I lost 50. Pounds doing various dvds at home. 1 year!
  • Louz163
    Louz163 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    baqct6l7ifg2.jpeg
    83lbs lost by dieting & doing workout dvds at home, went to the gym once
  • manueldelreal
    manueldelreal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Lost around 35 lbs from this past August and until today by counting calories and doing mostly beachbody programs at home. Started with rushfit, then T25 and while I was still in Beta for t25 I started les mills combat. A couple of weeks till the end and I'm already thinking of doing insanity max 30 and then repeating the cycle.

Also, I started accumulating dumbells, now I have a set that goes from 4 to 25 lbs (they start to get pricey at this point). So yes, it is very doable to lose weight by training at home.
  • manueldelreal
    manueldelreal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Louz163 wrote: »
    baqct6l7ifg2.jpeg

Everytime I see your photos I smile a bit, great progress @Louz163!
  • katzunghope
    katzunghope Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Louz163 wrote: »
    baqct6l7ifg2.jpeg

@Louz163 superb results!!!! Which workout dvds did u use to follow?

• katzunghope
    katzunghope Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Lost around 35 lbs from this past August and until today by counting calories and doing mostly beachbody programs at home. Started with rushfit, then T25 and while I was still in Beta for t25 I started les mills combat. A couple of weeks till the end and I'm already thinking of doing insanity max 30 and then repeating the cycle.

Also, I started accumulating dumbells, now I have a set that goes from 4 to 25 lbs (they start to get pricey at this point). So yes, it is very doable to lose weight by training at home.

Thank you! Thats so inspiring!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50lbs 3 times and most of it without a gym. I did a lot of running, bodyweight exercises, hiking hills, free weights, exercises on playground equipment, just have to be creative :) Now, I belong to a gym so I can do SL 5x5 but if I had room for a squat rack at home, I'd just do that.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I am down 23lbs with bodyweight workouts and eating at a deficit.
  • ChampCrucial
    ChampCrucial Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I lost weight in a multitude of ways but I wanted to tell you that you can lose weight and get an effective workout at home, especially if you are on a 1st floor or a house. Look up nowloss.com. The trainer there has a multitude of workouts for what you would want to do. Get a pull up bar and a set of weights Dumbbells you know are too heavy for you with 1 arm. Do bodyweight exercises and look up the basic essential compound lifts and get to work. By the time you master the weights and bodyweight exercises and can do most lifts for 15-20 reps you will have bit strength, power, muscle, and endurance. Then, if your climate gets warmer you can experiment further outside with fun moves or park workouts. Get in some cardio workouts from nowloss.com along with your exercises and you should be nice and lean by March. This is what I aim to do as this was one way I lost weight before. I lifted 1 dumbbell and played basketball everyday one summer and lost 30lbs. I am sure the nowloss.com workouts will be just as effective as basketball. I wish you luck and if you need anything or have questions just look me up
  • pichu318
    pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I swim in my local YMCA, but other than that I bike everywhere, I go on runs almost every day, I try to do a Fitstar video every day, and if I still have energy I will do wii fit or fitness blender videos. I have two dumbbells that I use at home, so I'll use those during a work out some times. It's totally possible to lose weight not going to the gym :)
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Lost all my weight at home I love fitness blender and the you are your own gym app
  • NattySchmatty
    NattySchmatty Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've never been to a gym. I went to one aerobics class and hated it. So I started doing Zumba at home. Worked just fine. You have to have the discipline to make yourself do it (just like anything else). But I find I am far more comfortable at home and so I work harder. The important this isn't where you're active, just that you are active.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I used to go to a gym but had the most success working out at home. I turned a bedroom into an exercise room. Bought a power cage & Olympic bar & weights from Craigslist. I lift weights 3-4x week & do FitnessBlenders Kettlebell cardio & HIIT videos 1-2x/week. I've lost 14.5 lbs & in the best shape of my life at 46 yrs old.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!