Lost weight while working out at home? Anybody?

All those people with inspiration al success stories.....just wanted to ask did anyone of you lost weight...while working out indoors? Its so cold out here....it takes a lot of time to hit the gym!

Replies

• holla18
    holla18 Posts: 60 Member
    I don't have a gym membership thought I live next to a YMCA I can't afford it even with the student discount.

So I do some exercises in the morning every few days push ups, ab workout.

as well I don't take the elevator because they are to slow so I go up and down 3-6 flights of stairs a few time everyday at school.

With a good diet I have lost 40 pounds in 6 months

Losing weight without the gym is fesable your body is the only tool you need to workout.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    I log onto Fitness Blender, schedule my workouts for the week, get home from work, get changed, into my basement, workout (warm up, exercise routine, cool down), walk the dog (half mile), shower, make and eat dinner. Seems to work fine since the darkness comes much too early now a days. I don't like running in the dark, can't see, can't be seen well.

My worksouts are a combination of strenght (with power block adjustable dumbbells) and cardio (mostly body weight). There is a varied assortment of routines from very beginner to very advanced (with or with out any equiptment).
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited December 2015
    The majority of my weight was lost without going to a gym. I didn't join a gym until Feb 2015. I went from 260 lbs to the mid 150's without stepping foot in a gym. I only joined a gym so I could have someone watch my boys (I have a 1yr old and almost 4 yr old, in feb though my youngest was less than a year and my oldest had just turned 3) while I worked out.
    I used video games for the kinect, wii games, youtube videos, and dvd's.

Weight loss mostly comes down to eating less than you burn in a 24 hr period (remember you burn calories even when your body is at complete rest). Working out makes you burn slightly more than you would normally and with the way MFP is set up, means you can eat slightly more and still lose the same amount of weight as you would have without. Working out is great for your body though.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257157/c-section-mom-of-2-my-progress-over-the-past-couple-years-lots-of-pics/p1
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    As mentioned above, Fitness Blender has some awesome at home workouts for free. Check out finessblender.com or look them up on YouTube. They have hundreds of vids with different focuses, workout lengths, and calorie burns. I recently discovered them and love it, because, like you, I don't like the cold and need some extra cardio work this winter that I can do indoors.
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Sometimes I lose more weight working out at home! Mixing it up is the trick I think.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    I haven't gone to the gym and have lost almost 70lbs. I Have an exercise bike that I use in my basement. I ride it approx 50-60 minutes a day, 7 days a week, no excuses.
  • katzunghope
    katzunghope Posts: 28 Member
    I haven't gone to the gym and have lost almost 70lbs. I Have an exercise bike that I use in my basement. I ride it approx 50-60 minutes a day, 7 days a week, no excuses.
    How long did it take u to loose 70 pounds thats alot!
  • katzunghope
    Thank u guys!
  • 2bfit_2016
    2bfit_2016 Posts: 13 Member
    edited December 2015
    I have lost 75 lbs with 26 to go until goal
    Took me about 8 months. I lost most of it walking/ jogging on my treadmill/ hallway
  • Sheets76
    Sheets76 Posts: 76 Member
    holla18 wrote: »
    I don't have a gym membership thought I live next to a YMCA I can't afford it even with the student discount.

So I do some exercises in the morning every few days push ups, ab workout.

as well I don't take the elevator because they are to slow so I go up and down 3-6 flights of stairs a few time everyday at school.

With a good diet I have lost 40 pounds in 6 months

Losing weight without the gym is fesable your body is the only tool you need to workout.
    The majority of my weight was lost without going to a gym. I didn't join a gym until Feb 2015. I went from 260 lbs to the mid 150's without stepping foot in a gym. I only joined a gym so I could have someone watch my boys (I have a 1yr old and almost 4 yr old, in feb though my youngest was less than a year and my oldest had just turned 3) while I worked out.
    I used video games for the kinect, wii games, youtube videos, and dvd's.

Weight loss mostly comes down to eating less than you burn in a 24 hr period (remember you burn calories even when your body is at complete rest). Working out makes you burn slightly more than you would normally and with the way MFP is set up, means you can eat slightly more and still lose the same amount of weight as you would have without. Working out is great for your body though.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257157/c-section-mom-of-2-my-progress-over-the-past-couple-years-lots-of-pics/p1
    grace173 wrote: »
    Sometimes I lose more weight working out at home! Mixing it up is the trick I think.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    I don't do the gym
    I do go to a yoga studio but I don't have to do that either. I like the studio and teaching and learning, but I have fabrics at home
    I've lost 30ish pounds working out at home. I've got another 20 or so and I don't plan on going to the gym to do it either
  • angie_momof3
    angie_momof3 Posts: 102 Member
    I worked out using fitness blender on youtube and lost 10lbs in 4 weeks! I also make sure I eat well. Thats the main thing that helps me. I've been walking outside the last few months and haven't lost a pound! I'm going back to the home workouts since that's what works for me.
  • moonfruity
    moonfruity Posts: 43 Member
    Do exercises that do not feel easy to you, such as kettlebell swings, pushups, pull ups, squats, rowing, etc. I joined crossfit and have been losing a lb everyweek. Losing weight is 80% diet 20% fitness. Good luck!
  • katzunghope
    I worked out using fitness blender on youtube and lost 10lbs in 4 weeks! I also make sure I eat well. Thats the main thing that helps me. I've been walking outside the last few months and haven't lost a pound! I'm going back to the home workouts since that's what works for me.
    whoch workouts did you follow from fitness blender on youtube....there are so many!
  • angie_momof3
    angie_momof3 Posts: 102 Member
    whoch workouts did you follow from fitness blender on youtube....there are so many!

It was always something different. I would switch between the arms with cardio, abs with cardio, or legs and butt with cardio. I always picked the ones with cardio and the ones that were about 30min long. I couldn't always do the moves for the entire duration they tell you to, but I did what I could and it still worked for me!
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    I live in a tiny rural town, we have no gym and I live out bush anyways! Everything I have done has been at home! I do have a small gym set up in my shed (very basic) and do short cardio intervals off an app on my phone
  • SherriLynnLeeman
    SherriLynnLeeman Posts: 22 Member
    I HATE the gym. I've lost about 60 lbs altogether from YouTube videos and running around my neighborhood. Search pop Pilates on YouTube. It's changed my life/body. Plus.. Wait for it.. IT'S FREE!
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    I went from a size 20 to a size 6 by just walking.

Later I added P90X, running, Fitness Blender workouts, wii Fit, etc, but I've never had a gym membership. The nearest gym to my house is an hour round trip. I'm a busy mom! Ain't nobody got time for that!

You absolutely can lose weight without a gym membership. : )
  • katzunghope
    I went from a size 20 to a size 6 by just walking.

Later I added P90X, running, Fitness Blender workouts, wii Fit, etc, but I've never had a gym membership. The nearest gym to my house is an hour round trip. I'm a busy mom! Ain't nobody got time for that!

You absolutely can lose weight without a gym membership. : )
    That's interesting how long did it take you? And how many miles did you used to walk?
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    edited December 2015
    My nearest gym is over 1 hour driving by car so i workout at home in my living room. I do mostly beachbody workouts(t25,p90x,insanity) with resistant bands and pull up bar plus other bodyweight exercises. Still in progress but have lost 20kgs(44 lb) and I have 21kgs(46lb) more to lose till meeting my goal weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!