Fell off the wagon

Options
Actually, that isn't completely accurate. I didn't fall off the wagon, I jumped off it and ran several miles in the wrong direction; which is the only exercise I got last week. It was that time of the month, and I felt like a word they won't let me post on this polite sort of forum.

BUT WAIT! Yesterday I walked. Today I jalked (that's when you jog til you can't, then walk a bit and jog again - trust me, it's in the dictionary). Tonight I logged on to MPF to remotivate! I have found the wagon and tomorrow I will log my food! Guess what I also found on the wagon?!?! That sense of accomplishment that you get from a workout!

So if you fell off the wagon, don't worry, they will slow down and pick you up again! In fact, here, let me help, I just got back on myself. We are going in the right direction, and we will make it!

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    No need to run away when you have a bad day or several days. Log it and move on with life. I've been sick for a few days and ate over maintenance a couple of them. But by logging them sometimes seeing the actual "damage" done keeps you more accountable, and often makes you realize it's not going to take long to overcome a few mistakes.

And if you always struggle during your TOM or any other expected or unexpected time (working late, stress, whatever) take some time to find alternatives that will satisfy your cravings and might be an overall better choice to fit into your diet. That could be anything that you might have at home, or go out to eat. Though it might cost more, you can eat a ton of sushi and not really consume that many calories.
  • 1meh
    1meh Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You know, this is a good point. I really need a plan for when the plan fails. So simple, but never thought to do that. Thanks.
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If you think that I can do it......then you can definitely do it!
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on frozen mango chunks by Dole
    From Sam's Club. Tastes really good and also hits the spot!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    There's no wagon
  • hmoss619
    hmoss619 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just did the same. I was only 2 weeks in but between a concert and stressful week I definitely undid some of my progress. No worries though, because it's all part of the process. And here we are on MFP tonight! Getting back to work
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    You still ran several miles though, so that's gotta count for something.
  • michaelhornby365
    michaelhornby365 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's When the wagon in a bruning blaze on the side of the road, and happyly toasting mash mellow. That the time to worry.
  • 1meh
    1meh Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It's When the wagon in a bruning blaze on the side of the road, and happyly toasting mash mellow. That the time to worry.

I know it's been a couple of days, but this made me laugh, hard, so thank you. :lol:
  • dangerouscurvs
    dangerouscurvs Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Haha I love the humor! You can't take life too seriously!! And I find that when I fall off....it's easier to log it and move on. Because if I don't, I'll beat myself up and perpetuate my binge cycle...and I promised I wouldn't do that to myself again!! I usually fall of around that time of month also...chocolate is my kryptonite!!! It weakens my will power! Y'all can add me if you like, I'm always looking for active, supportive friends.