harmful? negative self-talk keeps me going

Options
2»

Replies

• TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    For long term success being negative isn't healthy. You should be your own best friend...
  • georgiajuly
    georgiajuly Posts: 126
    Options
    :smile:
    Without putting you in my mind, it's stuff like "Quit being lazy, you can run your *kitten* a few minutes longer." "Don't you want to look like _______? Then you better not go over your calories. Step away from the refrigerator."

I don't see that as a problem, that is more tough love than negative. I say if it works and it is as harmless as that, go for it.
    Agreed, particularly on the first example - but transition as you can to, "Look what you've done! You're controlling your appetite, making healthy food choices, and getting stronger!"
    I started weight loss in a self-punishing, frustrated mode, but that only lasted about 12 hours. Then, after eating a Lean Cuisine meal, I thought, "I can't eat that sh**!", and decided I had to come up with a better plan for someone so basically deserving as I am. Goodbye, "Get your lardass up that hill!":smile:
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    I don't think its harmful I call myself some awful things because if I'm nice to myself I eat like a pig as I think I some how deserve if when I don't