I ate my Fitbit...

Options
2»

Replies

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I eat my Fitbit too, but occasionally I don't feel like I am hungry enough, so I don't. I have lost 20 lbs in just over 2 months. My daily calories are set at 1360 so most of the time I need them! If it is working for you, go with it!
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit! I'm absolutely positively completely confused about how many calories to eat?!

When i don't wear it it says I've burnt 1714 calories. Is that my BMR?

How am I meant to use Fitbit with myfitnesspal?

I'm mostly sedentary and I want to lose 1.5lbs a week (got 90lbs to lose in total).

Blows my mind!!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    natajane wrote: »
    I have a Fitbit! I'm absolutely positively completely confused about how many calories to eat?!

When i don't wear it it says I've burnt 1714 calories. Is that my BMR?

How am I meant to use Fitbit with myfitnesspal?

I'm mostly sedentary and I want to lose 1.5lbs a week (got 90lbs to lose in total).

Blows my mind!!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

A link to the groups that can help you through it all :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I got my FitBit about halfway through my weight loss, it's what helped me figure out that I could lose weight eating far more than the 1200-1400 calories than I originally thought when I set up MFP. I used it to lose the last 15-20 lbs, and now am using it to successfully maintain that weight loss. I eat pretty much all the calories every day, or save them for events on the weekend - my FitBit says my TDEE is about 2200 calories and for 2 years it has been very accurate, so yes - I eat (and drink) my FitBit!

• Jackson2348
    Jackson2348 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit, and think it's pretty accurate. I set mfp to maintain, and aim to eat some amount less than that. Some days I wind up with a 1000 cal deficit, some days it's 100. I do better eating as I need to, or allowing myself more if we go out to eat. By far the majority of the days, I eat less than I burn and I'm losing acceptably without impacting my lifestyle terribly. If only I'd known that years ago....
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I lose my fitbit. Or put it through the wash, like I did this week. I'm hoping a good airing and a replaced battery will fix it.
    51Lbf6K3AkL._SL1296_.jpg

Call Fitbit, they will replace it fo freeeee.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit, I actually broke it a little the other night exercising. I was doign sprawls and came down to plank pose and I guess it was on to tight because when I took it off to shower the back part where my wrist bone would touch it was broken. It still works, but it seems to give me more stairs then what I had done, called fitbit and they sent me out a new one no problem.

I use mfp and fitbit both, I just make sure at the end of the day that I have eaten close to the TDEE that fitbit gives. Im truly amazed at how much ones TDEE can vary from day to day. The fitbit makes sticking to that super easy.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I also eat my FitBit! For the yoga I do, I try not to count those, but I usually eat them, too. So far, so good! =)