Hypoglycemia help please

Options
13»

Replies

• Beautiful_Warrior94
    Options
    I get that you like it but too much is not good. you will overtrain and eventually get burned out on it or your body wont be able to keep up and it will end up being a lot of stress on your body as well. thats how injuries happen also.your body also needs time to rest to repair muscles.

I typically make Sunday's a rest day from the gym. And I know it can put a lot of stress I had a fracture in my hip six weeks ago and needed surgery so I wasn't able to run for that length of time and it was torture to me. So I am glad I am able to gradually get back into running again. But I guess I still need to work on not overdoing it plus remembering stretching.
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Options
    I have a bad habit at forgetting to stretch sometimes
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    You fractured your hip just six weeks ago and you are already spending 6 days each week at the gym? Are you still following up with medical advice for the fracture?!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Each post indicates more red flags.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I have a bad habit at forgetting to stretch sometimes

you definitely need to talk to your dr about doing what you are doing after a hop fracture. they usually tell you to start out slow. that isnt slow and its possible you could end up with another fracture as well. see a dr and get advice from them before you keep going the way you are.
  • Jenna8915
    Jenna8915 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You have had multiple medical professionals giving you advice that your diet and exercise regime is unhealthy. Listen to us! Seek personalised medical advice from your doctor to check your blood work; reduce the intensity of your exercise routines (and especially reduce the impact on existing injuries); and eat a healthier diet with enough calories to fuel your body, and a balanced ratio of carbs, fats and proteins.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Jenna8915 wrote: »
    You have had multiple medical professionals giving you advice that your diet and exercise regime is unhealthy. Listen to us! Seek personalised medical advice from your doctor to check your blood work; reduce the intensity of your exercise routines (and especially reduce the impact on existing injuries); and eat a healthier diet with enough calories to fuel your body, and a balanced ratio of carbs, fats and proteins.

^Agreed. And if you are feeling like it's a compulsion to exercise, than maybe consider a therapist? There are such issues like exercise anorexia/bullemia so maybe talking to a therapist/counselor may also be a good idea.