Starting back ..seems like it gets harder when you get older.

Options
2»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I started at age 59 and 301 lbs. I've lost 120 in 18 months. Now that's "hard", and I'm not done yet. It's possible at any age and any weight. There are lots of success stories here on MFP to prove it. I posted my story in the Success Stories forum yesterday "18 months and going strong".
  • amandaedwards48
    amandaedwards48 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lol I know the feeling I'm 42 but with all the aches and pains feel double that add me need all the friends and encouragement I can get
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Lol I know the feeling I'm 42 but with all the aches and pains feel double that add me need all the friends and encouragement I can get [/

That's the best reason of all to start. Remember how you feel today because not coming back here will be your motivation to keep going. If I can do it at 60 you can do it at 48!
  • Dalia444
    Dalia444 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I don't think age has anything to do with it

I think it gets harder when you've done it all before and fallen off the wagon

That's why I was always successful at losing first time following specific programmes like weightwatchers, skimmers world, harcombe, Atkins etc ...but I'd fall off the wagon and put on weight and just not be as successful next time round cos I started off employing the tricks I learned

This time I threw them all out ..went CICO and moved more and really focused on maintenance eg no my diet is finished just this way of living is continuing

Because without focus I will quite simply get fat and unfit again

Maintenance takes more than losing ...no scale based rewards any more

Love this. I'm trying to ride the moderation train this time around and see if I can just get off the rollercoaster once and for all.
  • southbayfit
    southbayfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i feel you it sux
  • stadler5clio
    stadler5clio Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, ever since I turned 40, over 5 years ago, I've noticed my metabolism is not at all the same and I can't seem to lose weight. I'm hopeful that logging my food and exercise will help me see where I self sabotage and become more aware of the long term changes I need to make. Good luck!
  • bonnieefuentes
    bonnieefuentes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys ❤
  • bonnieefuentes
    bonnieefuentes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy and grateful I downloaded this app ❤
  • momallnight
    momallnight Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This is the place to be if you truly want to lose weight and keep it off. This time of year is tough. But keep logging and reaching out and the pounds will come off.
  • Aarthurdc
    Aarthurdc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and feel the same. Back on to watching constantly. Ugh...need 10lbs off.
  • nbradford75
    nbradford75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I started at age 59 and 301 lbs. I've lost 120 in 18 months. Now that's "hard", and I'm not done yet. It's possible at any age and any weight. There are lots of success stories here on MFP to prove it. I posted my story in the Success Stories forum yesterday "18 months and going strong".

Way to go!