Need help losing weight

Options
I really want to lose about 10-15 lbs by the end of January 2016. I'm 5"1 and weigh 145lbs ( a lot of that weight I have muscle in my legs). I weight train Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Tuesday, Thursday, and sometimes Sunday I'll do an hour of cardio. My calorie intake is set at 1,200 calories.( Macros are set automatically) Since I'm not loosing weight I want should I adjust the percentage of macros? I'm just confused why it's so hard for me to lose weight.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Either your logging or exercise cals are off if you're not losing
  • katelynmccloy
    katelynmccloy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a fit but HR to accurately calculate my calorie burn..
  • TheHealthyfrogblogspotcom
    Options
    What is your lifestyle like? Are you active outside of the gym?
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Do you weight your food?
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Since you're short your calorie defict isn't going to give you much wiggle room for mistakes. Weight your food with a food scale and eat back half of your exercise calories. You shouldn't aim to lose more than 1 lb/ week. Macros don't matter, just calories.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    With so little to lose, it is unrealistic to try to lose 2 lbs per week. Even if you do, you will likely lose quite a bit of muscle mass in the process.

As janjunie said, you don't have much room for error, so if you aren't using a food scale, you should start to in order to increase your accuracy. If you aren't losing, there is inaccuracy in your numbers, either calories in or calories out. Tightening up your logging could be key.

Calories are for weight loss/gain, macros are for health and fitness. Changing your macros won't directly help you lose weight, but they can affect satiety, which could help if you are struggling to hit your calorie goal.

Good luck!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I recently bought a fit but HR to accurately calculate my calorie burn..

Those are only good for steady state cardio. Outside of that, they can read fairly high. IIRC, as much as 60% over the real estimate.

Do you use a food scale?