Just need a little boost to lose weight

Ladies and gentlemen,

I alwayshave a problem eating a lot...I just love food , but I joined a cross fit gym four month ago and I am still gaining both weight and muscle. Now, I gained total of 23 pounds of weight and 16 pounds of muscle. Overall, I am pretty open to try any new diet or eating habits. Well, again I just need a little boost to lose weight and you guys can add me too. Thanks

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    The eating habit/diet to try is....less food! Welcome to MFP. Tracking your calories will help you stay in a deficit which is what is needed to lose weight. Your training will help you maintain LBM while losing fat. Good luck.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    How many calories did the program give you here when you signed up? Aim for that amount plus about 75% of the calories from your exercise = weight loss! After tracking your foods for some time, you will begin to recognize which foods are helpful to keeping you full and helping you fuel those workouts. Using a food scale and choosing the correct diary entries here (accurate logging) are essential. Read the stickied threads at the top of the getting started and general weight loss forum. Repeat consistently over time. Be patient with yourself. If you are gaining weight right now, you are eating too much.
  • gtmadd_bulldog
    gtmadd_bulldog Posts: 3 Member
    I'll try it out for sure...I just signed up a week ago and is program 2630 calories.

This one of an example , when I hit the gym for the day. I try to go three or four days a week.

FT: Bear Complexes 65lb., Rows 500m, Bear Complexes 75lb., Rows 500m, Bear Complexes 85lb., Rows 500m, Bear Complexes 95lb., Rows 500m, Bear Complexes 105lb., Rows 500m : 26 mins | Rx'd

200m repeats X 3 : 3 mins 31 secs | (1 min 7 secs), (1 min 13 secs), and (1 min 11 secs) | Rx'd

V-ups : 30 Reps for Time : 43 secs | Rx'd

FT: 10 X Push Press 95lb., 5 X Push-ups, 10 X Push Press 115lb., 4 X Push-ups, 10 X Push Press 125lb., 3 X Push-ups, 10 X Push Press 135lb., 2 X Push-ups, 10 X Push-ups 145 lb., 1 X Push-up : Completed | Rx'd
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    16 pounds of muscle gained in what time frame? Measured how?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited December 2015
    I'll try it out for sure...I just signed up a week ago and is program 2630 calories.

This one of an example , when I hit the gym for the day. I try to go three or four days a week.

FT: Bear Complexes 65lb., Rows 500m, Bear Complexes 75lb., Rows 500m, Bear Complexes 85lb., Rows 500m, Bear Complexes 95lb., Rows 500m, Bear Complexes 105lb., Rows 500m : 26 mins | Rx'd

200m repeats X 3 : 3 mins 31 secs | (1 min 7 secs), (1 min 13 secs), and (1 min 11 secs) | Rx'd

V-ups : 30 Reps for Time : 43 secs | Rx'd

FT: 10 X Push Press 95lb., 5 X Push-ups, 10 X Push Press 115lb., 4 X Push-ups, 10 X Push Press 125lb., 3 X Push-ups, 10 X Push Press 135lb., 2 X Push-ups, 10 X Push-ups 145 lb., 1 X Push-up : Completed | Rx'd

I really wouldn't be able to guess what that works out to in calories. Hopefully someone with more experience will be able to help with that. I use my FitBit and add in any non-step based activity (swimming, strength training). Depending on the method used to measure your body fat and muscle, those numbers could be considerably out. You are looking to lose weight, so you need to cut back the amount of food you are currently consuming.

Have you been tracking your intake this last week since you joined? Are you at the 2630/day mark? Are you using a food scale to calculate the number of calories you are consuming?

The process can seem a little daunting and tedious in the first week or two. Before you know it, everything becomes second nature and you don't really even think about it anymore.