couch to 5 KM program feeling good

Options
Hi there guys how you all doing.
Im feeling good today I am on week 7 of my couch to 5 km program which is a running program which helps you run 3 miles in 30 minutes.
I just managed to run for 25 minutes non stop today feel positive never ran for that long before
Have you got any good news to share today

Replies

• MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    C25K is great! When I started a similar program, I could only run for one (1) minute before I had to slow to a walk. Didn't know I was able to run for 35 minutes continually until the day that assignment arrived and I did it.

That was 4 years ago. Now, it's easy to forget that at one time running for 30 minutes was a goal I had to work at.
  • ekruska802
    ekruska802 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Good luck with the rest of the program. It's great and definitely will get you ready for a 5k!
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    C25K is great! When I started a similar program, I could only run for one (1) minute before I had to slow to a walk. Didn't know I was able to run for 35 minutes continually until the day that assignment arrived and I did it.

That was 4 years ago. Now, it's easy to forget that at one time running for 30 minutes was a goal I had to work at.

Thank you today was the toughest ever but I got through it
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    ekruska802 wrote: »
    Way to go! Good luck with the rest of the program. It's great and definitely will get you ready for a 5k!

Thank you its a really good program really does help
  • marsh5224
    marsh5224 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great job! I am going to start the program after the first of the year! I am shaking in my boots thinking about it.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    marsh5224 wrote: »
    Great job! I am going to start the program after the first of the year! I am shaking in my boots thinking about it.

Dont be its a very good and eases you into the running I could not run for 2 minutes now I can run for 25 minutes. it took me 7 weeks but I can do it now
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i did that in spring. Now I'm running 10-13 miles on my long runs. without walking. I'm slow but I can do it.
    and I think i can credit the zen labs c25k
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! Make sure you keep it up!! I did C25k and worked my way up to a half marathon earlier this year, then (for many different reasons) took an extended break. At least I know how to get back to it again. Running is so much fun! I miss it like crazy.