How do you eat your oatmeal??

Options
2»

Replies

• Arizona_JR
    Arizona_JR Posts: 275
    Options
    two ways:

cooked with water for a couple minutes, then add 1/2 cup egg whites, and continue heating another 45 secs.

or cooked with water until done, add a splash of skim milk, Cinnamon, tsp honey, 1/4c raisins, and 1 Sweet & Low.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    with water & a bit of milk. If I have either strawberries or raspberries on hand, I add them. Yum yum!
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    1/2 c of Old Fashioned oatmeal and 1 c of water- microwaved for 2 minutes.

Top with:
    2T walnuts
    Fruit in season (cranberries, strawberries, raw apple sliced thin with cinnamon, peaches or nectarines, blueberries, raspberries, etc)
    6 oz of fat free yogurt.
  • feeny
    feeny Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    probably not the healthiest version, but i buy the quaker fruit & cream instant oatmeal. so good.
  • cammons
    cammons Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I like it plain I like it cold, with apples and cinnomon, or almonds and crasisns, peaches and pecans,,butter and milk,..add it to a smoothie.....pecans,...thick or thin...its all good to me :-)

My mother insists that I'm the only person on the planet that waits for their oatmeal to get cold before eating it....the colder and more lumpy the better!

My favorite way is plain, made with skim milk and a sliced banana....properly cooled. :P