sexy firm thighs

Options
Hi I'm kay
I was wondering how many squats and lunges does one have to do in a day to get sexy firm thighs for about 3months?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm kay
    I was wondering how many squats and lunges does one have to do in a day to get sexy firm thighs for about 3months?

This is impossible to predict.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    LOL

That's an unanswerable question

Progressive resistance is key...maximising your own performance ...increasing weight
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm kay

Y do you only want to have sexy firm thighs for only 3 months?
  • kutlwanosamuels
    kutlwanosamuels Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh no sorry misunderstanding, I meant to say what do I need to do for the duration of 3 months to get firm thighs
  • kutlwanosamuels
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    LOL

That's an unanswerable question

Progressive resistance is key...maximising your own performance ...increasing weight

Wait..increasing weight? What do u mean by that rabbitjb?
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Increasing the weight you squat/workout with.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Sexy will be subjective to the person you are trying to entice and genetics will determine your shape. Some people think Kim K has sexy thighs, while others don't.
    If you're looking to firm up, do lots of compound lifts that challenge your legs and glutes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• kutlwanosamuels
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Sexy will be subjective to the person you are trying to entice and genetics will determine your shape. Some people think Kim K has sexy thighs, while others don't.
    If you're looking to firm up, do lots of compound lifts that challenge your legs and glutes.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Alright, the more squats one does the more chances of getting firmer thighs, got it
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Alright, the more squats one does the more chances of getting firmer thighs, got it

We are talking about progressive overload. Increasing the weight on your barbell, kettle bell, or whatever you use to perform squats.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

We are talking about progressive overload. Increasing the weight on your barbell, kettle bell, or whatever you use to perform squats.

Yes this

• kutlwanosamuels
    Options
    Alright guys it's all about the weight...Thanks guys
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Oh no sorry misunderstanding, I meant to say what do I need to do for the duration of 3 months to get firm thighs

I assume you carry some of your 24lbs of fat that you want to lose on your thighs?
    So you need a calorie deficit to lose fat (from all over your body).
  • kutlwanosamuels
    Options
    May u explain that further for more understanding please
    sijomial wrote: »

I assume you carry some of your 24lbs of fat that you want to lose on your thighs?
    So you need a calorie deficit to lose fat (from all over your body).

• sijomial
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Your profile says you are trying to lose 24lbs.

Some of that excess weight (fat) will be on your thighs. Expecting any exercise to give you "sexy firm thighs" while you still have significant weight to lose isn't really realistic unless you have some pretty unusual genetics and carry all your excess fat elsewhere.

Do exercise to work on your fitness and strength but you need to be realistic, diet is what will get rid of the fat. Patience is required.
  • kutlwanosamuels
    Options

Some of that excess weight (fat) will be on your thighs. Expecting any exercise to give you "sexy firm thighs" while you still have significant weight to lose isn't really realistic unless you have some pretty unusual genetics and carry all your excess fat elsewhere.

Do exercise to work on your fitness and strength but you need to be realistic, diet is what will get rid of the fat. Patience is required.
    That's exactly what I thought too that I should lose the layers of fat first then focus on "sexy firm thighs"
  • sijomial
    Options

That's exactly what I thought too that I should lose the layers of fat first then focus on "sexy firm thighs"
    Do both exercise and diet now - they are complimentary for health, fitness, strength and appearance.

Don't wait to exercise. There's too many examples of people who get to goal weight and are surprised they just look like a smaller version of their former wobbly selves.
  • kutlwanosamuels
    Options

Do both exercise and diet now - they are complimentary for health, fitness, strength and appearance.

Don't wait to exercise. There's too many examples of people who get to goal weight and are surprised they just look like a smaller version of their former wobbly selves.

That's what I fear the most, getting smaller but no firmness. ..just my old wobbly self
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

That's what I fear the most, getting smaller but no firmness. ..just my old wobbly self

That's why you want to incorporate strength training - specifically compound lifts involving progressively heavier weights. This allows you to retain muscle mass, and if you are eating at a caloric deficit you will reduce fat.
    You can't spot reduce weight loss, but by engaging specific muscle groups through resistance training you can preserve muscle in areas that you'd like to see more "toned" so that after fat loss you still have nice muscle, and the area isn't just a smaller, but still flabby version of the old area.