HELP!!! Low Cal Lunch Ideas

Options
Hey Guys!

I need your help..Im sick of the same lunch all the time ...what do you guys eat for lunch thats under 300 cal??

THANKS A BUNCH!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    tuna sandwiches with carrots and light ranch, salads, soups, spaghetti squash, yogurts, cereal
  • fluffyduck2004
    fluffyduck2004 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i usuall have a sandwich either meat, tuna etc with some salad, i use hovis nimble bread its only about 55 cals a slice so really low, sometimes i might have a bag of crisps too
  • Brittany1414
    Options
    I like alot of the things you guys are saying!!
    Thanks lol
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    Grilled fish and asparagus. No oil or butter, still delicious. This ends up being between 210-270 calories, depending on the type of fish I cook.

Also, I put onions in a dry pan, cook for a few minutes, add .25 tbs of butter. Then I toss in an egg and a bunch of spinach. Cook till the egg is done. This ends up being around 100 calories, or you can add an extra egg (60-80 calories).

If I'm on the go, I do Odwalla Super Protein shakes. They're 290 calories.

My options are kinda limited though, as I have Celiac's. Hope these help though!
  • rachaels7
    rachaels7 Posts: 20
    Options
    I just had a great lunch the other day that was different for me: whole wheat fajita (~75 cal) and a four slices of deli meat at 10 cal each. Yum.
  • bacarter18
    bacarter18 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like to stock the freezer at work with a week's worth of Healthy Choice steamer meals... they're usually 220-270 calories (not as high sodium as Lean Cuisine) and I find they taste better and are more filling than Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones. I don't like the idea of always having the freezer meals, but they're cheap, decent, and always good in case you don't have much time!

I've done tuna and blackbean (and a lil bit mayo) sandwiches, with spring mix. Then carrot sticks or lots of fruit. I do like the SPecial K crackers and chips... you get a good amount in just one serving! Progresso soups are good/filling/cheap/quick also.

(i need to mix up my lunches as well... yikes! its hard sometimes though)
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I often get the weight watchers meals, for variety. Otherwise usually salad, or pasta salad, mostly with tuna.
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bread so I have 2 eggs made into egg salad with 1 tbsp of mayo with mustard. and half of an avocado mixed in
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a microwave: tuna salad on a medium-sized whole-wheat tortilla, with a slice of part-skim cheese; fold over, nuke for a minute. I sometimes add a few slices of tomato and avocado under the cheese. Or, sometimes just a can of Amy's Organic soup (the lentil is great). I'm getting bored with my lunches too, so thanks for posting! I look forward to other people's ideas.
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    Covent garden soups are a beauty. They normally have atleast 1 of your daily veg intakes and teamed with a thick slice of bread are normally under 300 cals. Be weary of some of the creamier ones though.

Also scrambled eggs are great, Beans on toast with a little cheese, smoked salmon bagels.

x
  • ruenectar
    ruenectar Posts: 25
    Options
    Cook up a nice lean pork tendrloin the night before...smoking yum! Low in everything but the protein!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Covent garden soups are a beauty. They normally have atleast 1 of your daily veg intakes and teamed with a thick slice of bread are normally under 300 cals. Be weary of some of the creamier ones though.

Also scrambled eggs are great, Beans on toast with a little cheese, smoked salmon bagels.

x

Yeah I so agree, I have one of the small covent garden soup cartons for lunch which is 99 cals, with a bread roll and some low fat spread on it, and then a fat free Danone activia, and that's about 300 cals-ish.

xx
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I wrap up 3 ounces of whatever deli lunch meat is on sale in 2 huge iceberg lettuce leaves with one slice of reduced fat swiss. Then I eat a banana and 1/3 c cottage cheese.
  • butterflykisses9
    Options
    option 1
    sandwich on low calorie bread (turkey and mustard) 100 calories
    100 calorie brownie pack :]
    whole cucumber 40 calories
    grand total 240 calories

sandwich on low calorie bread 100 calories
    special k chips (27 for 110 calories!!!)
    green pepper 30 calories
    grand total 240 calories!!!
  • r0gu3
    r0gu3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had some awesome grilled tilapia the other day. Just simply cooked with some lemon pepper (lemon zest & ground black pepper)...but honestly..isn't 300 calories a bit low? Are all your meals <300 calories? I'm still figuring this whole thing ot.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Low sodium cottage cheese mixed with Edamame and tomato and a little pepper :)
  • pauterson
    pauterson Posts: 65
    Options
    I try to always cook an extra portion of dinner the night before, weigh it out and put it in an easy grab & go container for the morning. It's much easier to weigh food at home on my scale and it helps me have a diverse lunch almost daily. Example: if we have steak and asparagus the night before, I weigh out a 3oz. piece of meat and put it in my bag with a salad mixture. Or, if we have stirfry, I always like to have a big heaping bowl of vegetable stirfry at lunch. Shoot me a message if you want to share ideas. I'm on a mission to do IFBB Bikini competition next year so we can progress together. Looking for positive friends. :-)
  • Brittany1414
    Options
    I had some awesome grilled tilapia the other day. Just simply cooked with some lemon pepper (lemon zest & ground black pepper)...but honestly..isn't 300 calories a bit low? Are all your meals <300 calories? I'm still figuring this whole thing ot.

i get just over 1500 cals a day
    so I do max 200 cal for breaky
    aim for 300 cal for lunch
    500-600 cal for din
    and then whats left over and my excersiced cals are there if i want a snack

Thanks everyone for your help!!!